Turbo cider too yeasty

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spudbasher

Reaction score
Hi all, I,ve made a few t c,s now but am still having trouble with yeast rising on opening of the bottle.
I let it clear in the dj, then rack to 2ltr plastic pop bottles, add 1 level tsp of sugar and some ribena or other flavour to sweeten ,leave in warm a week or so ,then put in cool,then chill over night in fridge before drinking .
Without fail every time I open a bottle the yeast is pulled up with the bubbles.
Should I rack to another dj and fine leave a week then bottle?
Does fining remove too much yeast to have a successful secondary ferment .?

Any advices gratefully received,Spud :)

Leave it for longer in the bottle, give the yeast some time to compact at the bottom (it should only be a very thin layer anyway). Leaving it to condition for a couple of months and you'll notice the difference

Just realised I misread - you put it in the cool before refrigerating it. For how long? I'm wondering whether a) it's overcarbonated, or b) you'd be better off in glass bottles. I've never had a problem of this sort.

Thanks all really appreciate the input, I think I am rushing things,I think I am bottling to early,getting to much yeast in bottles ,over priming, then not chilling long enough . Basically everything wrong!
I have only done 1 gall batches so far ,but my next batch is a 5 gall so i,m glad i,ve had the practice and good advice.
My main prob. now would be batch storing and chilling. Does turbo suit pressure barrels ?(my only option) and as for chilling ,does it look like I need a dedicated fridge?
thanks again , :D Spud.

Don't add Ribena or any other syrupy flavour, it's adding to much sugar.
If you want to sweeten use an artificial sweetener like Canderal or yeast from HERE

BB

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Don't add Ribena or any other syrupy flavour, it's adding to much sugar.
If you want to sweeten use an artificial sweetener like Canderal or yeast from HERE

BB

:thumb: That looks good, is that just for 1 gall brew tho?

cheers Spud.

Back