UK stock of CO2 regulators

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhenson22

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know of anywhere online in UK that sells either a dual pressure CO2 regulator or a 3 or 4 way secondary regulator like the ones that seem to pop up readily available on all the US sites?

I keep searching, suddenly find a site listing one, but always out of stock! Can't be coincidence that these are so hard to find in the UK?

Cheers

Thanks all. I hadn't noticed the Brewuk site had the dual pressure ones in stock. Price is on the steep side compared to the Angel Brew one (out of stock). Have since read several threads where a member Peebee had provided some helpful info on this, whereby suggesting there is no point getting a dual pressure primary and much better using primary to secondary regulators. Think I am going to investigate this setup using the secondarys from RLBS, just need to plan inside of fridge and where I will be able to mount a 3-way manifold and 3 secondary regulators. Could be tight!

Don't think you'll need the manifold with the secondary setup?

Each regulator is feed through so you just go from one to the next e.g.

Code:
Cylinder ---> Primary ---> Secondary #1 -PT--> Secondary #2 -PT--> Secondary #3 -PT--> Blanking Plug
              (~30psi?)          |                   |                   |
                                 | (10psi)           | (15psi)           | (20psi)
                                 |                   |                   |

Keg                 Keg                 Keg

PT = Pass Through.

The pressure values shown are just by way of an example.

I bought a dual body Taprite regulator from Amazon, dot com not co.uk and it was only about £80 including postage with around a 7 day wait. When it turned up I had to swap the nut which connects it to the regulator. You can buy this online for about £3 and it takes less than a minute to change.

It's a fantastic piece of kit and gives you a load of flexibility.

Beer Hawk sell a dual regulator called I think CO2PO (their website doesn't seem to work for me at work.....) I have two and really like them, but they've been out of stock for a while as I'm trying to get a third. They have rubberised gauges which I find really helpful because I've broken a few others by letting them fall over when connected to a CO2 tank. Also they have a zoomed in PSI scale around what we want and are clearly designed for carbonating beer.

Beer Hawk sell a dual regulator called I think CO2PO (their website doesn't seem to work for me at work.....) I have two and really like them, but they've been out of stock for a while as I'm trying to get a third. They have rubberised gauges which I find really helpful because I've broken a few others by letting them fall over when connected to a CO2 tank. Also they have a zoomed in PSI scale around what we want and are clearly designed for carbonating beer.

I liked the look of the CO2PO stuff on their site, but again, no stock. For now given up and going different direction.
Have bought a standard regulator from Angel Home Brew and going for a manifold then in line mini regulators for each keg. Fingers crossed all works as planned!

You definitely need a chain on your CO2 cylinders! Actually everyone needs to chain up their cylinders (says me who's only got one of his two cylinders secured, and that by a tatty bit of rope). One day you'll learn it is not just gauges that break when a cylinder falls over.

Hint: Don't try to catch a cylinder that's had its regulator knocked off. Get out of the room quick at the same time as hoping the cylinder won't catch you (but it probably will, and the room will be trashed but don't try to intervene).

I had a look at those CO2PO regulators. They say "One gauge shows your gas tank's contents …". I hope you don't believe that; it's complete boll****. I'd be very worried buying something that's sold with statements of complete boll****.

Latest posts

Back