Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't she the one who was spreading misinformation?

I do wonder what Belarus will do? I cannot believe they will actually want to get involved, but I do think they are a dummy runner to keep Ukraine honest around that border

A neighbour of mine was railing about the cost of the anti tank missiles etc being sent to Ukraine. When i pointed out that all that ordnance has a use by date after which it has to be destroyed anyway, Ukraine is saving us the cost of normal disposal. Some poor buggers on the recieving end of all of it no matter who pulls the trigger.
As far as Belarus goes lukashenko has kept out so far as he has had far greater oposition to his regime & the war at home, he knows he is likely to lose at home if he attacks Ukraine.

A neighbour of mine was railing about the cost of the anti tank missiles etc being sent to Ukraine. When i pointed out that all that ordnance has a use by date after which it has to be destroyed anyway, Ukraine is saving us the cost of normal disposal. Some poor buggers on the recieving end of all of it no matter who pulls the trigger.
As far as Belarus goes lukashenko has kept out so far as he has had far greater oposition to his regime & the war at home, he knows he is likely to lose at home if he attacks Ukraine.
Never knew ordinance had a use by date.
Learn something new everyday.

There are other dangers here too. Not least that the public, British and American, will get jaded with the drain of resources over time.
The UK has spent approaching £2.5 Billion on the war so far, and is about to do the same next year.

This is all very well for a bit, but when the lights go out and when people start loosing their homes because the country is supposedly skint, I think we will see a turning of opinion.
I hope not, if ukraine is defeated who is next on the list?

Its probably due to the propellants/warheads degrading over time and potentially becoming more dangerous to the operator than the target.
^^^ Absolutely correct, It is exactly the same with pyrotechnics such as flares, A use by date after which they may work or they may not work well or not at all, As they get older propellant charges may degrade & other components become more more less sensitive. They cost a fortune to dispose of.
Not far from here is Foulness where the MOD regularly destroy old & out of date munitions, It is spectacular if you happen to be sailing past some miles out!

Meanwhile on Russian TV they are showing clips of the missiles hitting everywhere and celebrating , yes they even have footage of the playground blown up.

Something @Keith 66 mentioned above though is really relevant, Russia are firing a lot of and more incresingly dated tech. A lot of their Nukes are well past their sell by date, they are even rolling out WW2 stuff in places.

Winter and attrition is not going to be on their side despite the fact they believe it is.

Something @Keith 66 mentioned above though is really relevant, Russia are firing a lot of and more incresingly dated tech. A lot of their Nukes are well past their sell by date, they are even rolling out WW2 stuff in places.

Winter and attrition is not going to be on their side despite the fact they believe it is.
The Iranian Shahed 'drones' are little better than WW2 doodlebugs.

The Russian troops sent to the front line without proper kit are going to suffer as it gets cold. Those that have proper kit will have been out there for months already.

It’s interesting that there has been no form of organised resistance/retaliation targeting Russian infrastructure inside Russia.
Now that would be asking for trouble. Bad enough when they target infrastructure which Russia thinks is Russia.

I agree, it would be asking for trouble, but at the end of the day, this can’t go on. He is effectively levelling, in an attempt to ethnically cleanse, a whole country.

It’s just a matter of time before his embarrassment at loosing will overwhelm him anyway. Then all bets off off.

He must think that the few million Ukrainians living in Russia don’t mind, don’t care or actually support him.

It’s interesting that there has been no form of organised resistance/retaliation targeting Russian infrastructure inside Russia.
Interesting wouldn't be the words I would use. Everyone should be looking to find a resolution. What you suggested would trigger and all out war

He must think that the few million Ukrainians living in Russia don’t mind, don’t care or actually support him.

I think he does think exactly that. He lives in a distorted reality because he's an authoritarian dictator that has been fed an ever compounding stream of untruth because nobody wants to tell him what he doesn't want to hear.

Reality catches up with everyone eventually though, and I feel that's a matter of months away for Putin.

The Ukrainian forces seem to be equipped for winter. I don't think that the Russian forces are, and there's a good chance of massive collapses/surrenders over the winter.

Latest posts

Back