Using iSpindel for post mash gravity

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@peebee , your lengthy summary of instruments is correct (as far as I can get this far into the evening after a glass of wine, whisky and homebrew in front of the fire).

However, I am completely lost in the point you are trying to make and why you are so worked up.

What were you right about all along?

@Agentgonzo: Ah, possibly collective nose-thumbing across a few forums? I have a reputation of going on (and on, and ... 🥱 ) about pyk... nope, won't mention them 🤐 .

You are excluded because you're not on .... hang-on, let me check ... [3], [2], [1] ... my list of antagonists. But I know they are out there ... and I know their names, Robert ... Charles (x) .... Simon? ... @Agentgonzo :thumbsup:

Understood

homer-simpson-homer.gif

To measure efficiency of the mash. I do BIAB, and don't sparge. So post-mash is also pre-boil for me.
I have just discovered the benefit of measuring efficiency pre-boil. I do BIAB and struggled to hit more than 55% efficiency. Checking gravity pre-boil tells me whether I need to add more extract/syrup to hit target OG whilst on the hot side of the brew. Having said that I made some changes this time and hit 75%! Brew is actually stronger than planned.

Back