Vic Secret Hop Pellets

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

568ml

Reaction score
Hi

I'm knocking this aka Marilyn's Secret :

1.7kg Thomas Coopers Sparkling Ale
1.5kg Thomas Coopers Wheat Malt Extract
500g Light Dry Malt
25g Motueka Hop Pellets
25g Vic Secret Hop Pellets
One sachet of BRY-97

I got everything else, though can't find the Vic Secret Hop Pellets. So I wonder what else could use instead, any ideas?

Brewing got slightly delayed so I only cracked open a bottle yesterday after a week in the bottles, hey it did say enjoy early.

WOW! This is a wonderful drink, loved the taste, smell and mouth feel. I nearly cracked open another for quality assurance. It should according to the recipe be 5.8% but I got 6.4%, there isn't a taste of the alcohol, just a smooth lovely fruity drink. Nothing near the sour, cider taste and look it had when I bottled it.

I'm sure I have tasted one just like it before, but for the life of me I can't remember which one it is. Since I go spare hops I will put that down again when there is empty bottles enough.

Sounds like a nice combination. I've not used Vic Secret but I like Motueka, you have an American style wheat beer with Oz/NZ hops. Interesting that it's so good only a week after bottling.

While travelling in USA and Down Under I got to really like the American style beer, especially the IPA and Pale Ales. Yes some of them are very hoppy, have a bit extra gas and is served colder compared to the UK beers. Which takes some time to get used to, but they do brew good beer and not just that Coors, Miller and Bud stuff.

The wheat, which I didn't expect, totally went away, so it is a very clear blonde ale. I wonder how the taste will change over the next few months, since it did say enjoy early. Hope it don't totally dies away because I was hoping to have a few left for August when a friend visit.

Wheat beers are best drunk young, but yours is a bit of a hybrid, interesting to see how it changes.

Back