Vinland kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Hi guys, still busy brewing with the kits for now, got 120 pints on now!!
Anyways, the question i would like to ask, i have been looking on fleabay, and found a vodka kit by Vinland!
What i was wondering is whether anyone else had made vodka using this kit to a abv 20%??

Am curious to try it i must say, but not heard of anyone i know using such a kit!!
Thanks for all input!
One day....i will be a AG brewer!!!!!!!! :drink:

i haven't done that one, but i've done the young's alcoshots. they use the same principles but reach about 12%.

the blueberry one was lurvely.. the apple one made me wince and needed lemonade to take the sharpness away. my lady friends loved the stuff and insisted i made more :lol:

Talking to my local brewshop who sells similar stuff, he says they definatly do ferment up to 20'c - but the taste isnt very good. He says they taste like watered down versions of the real thing.

But if you don't care about taste, give it a go!!

:cheers:

i've often wondered about these too. a lot of folks use mixers with their spirits, or simply add water (to whisky). Personally i like my whisky straight up most of the time. if you're into kits, and want to try something different, then it may be worth giving it a try. They may taste nice, even if they don't taste like the real thing. Brewstew seems to have had some success.

Latest posts

Back