wanted Enville ale recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittsy

Landlord.
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone had an Enville ale recipe , don't know if you've heard of it but it's a great pint , brewed not too far away from me and served in my local , yum :thumb:

Any one tried this beer ? i really like it .Maybe i should try and contact them to see if i can get some info on ingredients and yeast used

This is what they say about it

The award winning ale that is responsible for the company's success today. A traditional beekeepers ale, pale yellow, a fruity bitter with an initial sweetness progressing to a complex dry hoppy taste based on an old nineteenth century recipe.

Enville Ale is produced using 100% Maris Otter floor malted barley and top fermenting ale yeast. It is processed through an initial very rapid fermentation followed by a priming process using selected honeys which are specially processed (patent pending) and then allowed to secondary ferment before being lagered (stored at cold temperature) for a precise period of time. This process enables the brewery to produce conditioned beer with a controlled yeast count in cask - the result is a traditional cask conditioned beer in which the carbonation has been carefully controlled.

Unfortunately no mention of hops :wha: :wha:

pittsy said:
Any one tried this beer ? i really like it .Maybe i should try and contact them to see if i can get some info on ingredients and yeast used

I used to drink their Honeybee? in the Manchester Inn at Romsley near Stourbridge many years ago , I used to love it ,but even two pints of it would give me a thumping headache next morning.

I remember drinking quite a few points of Enville white when starting at my mates... Quite a nice pint that was. But I ain't even out of kit stage yet :p (be nice if someone had a techie for that tho ... One for the future)

Back