What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first go at a Belgian single kegged a couple of weeks ago, fermented with Abbaye yeast.
Extra pale Maris Otter with some Vienna, Tettnang to bitter with Styrian Goldings late boil and hopstand.
Still a little hazey but nice biscuity malt and spicey fruitiness from the yeast.
20240413_185522.jpg

View attachment 98147
And on to my KCB bitter.
Crystal clarity, pity it's coming to its end.
Sorry @Hazelwood I disagree for the first time, one can never have too much of Bitter!
Admittedly you did say, "for now".

Who remembers Sparky and His Magic Piano which also warningly said, "For Now" ?

Earlier whilst waiting for the adhesive to cure on the car window clips, I filled the time by training the burgeoning hop shoots:
View attachment 98148
Please ignore the Forget-me-nots, SWMBOd insists they make the garden pretty in the Spring.
Enough bitter for now = save some for later, don’t tun out before the next batch is fermented. 🫣

Thanks to @dad_of_jon , I’m celebrating the end of a week’s annual leave with this Ris-Kier buisness which at 11.25% I will be sipping slowly. It’s dark, rich and knock your socks off flavour packed. A bready saison spicy aroma, hints of bitter orange and dark roasted coffee. Flavour is Belgian with bells on, full bodied espresso, saison spice and ending on a plum fruit bit of sweetness. There’s a fair wallop of bitterness there which I found a bit much with the first sip but I’m now picking up the fruitier sweeter end. Thank you this is one for sipping slowly!
View attachment 98156
I wish I was able to describe beer as well as you can doc! 👍 My attempt would be a boozy spiced smack in the face of ooooh!

Back