What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started on the last 1 and a half pints of corny #1 Coopers Brew A IPA and now onto corny #2 again, Simcoe APA

cracked open the second bottle @samale sent me tonight. its an ipa with a new hop i haven't tried before Sabro. i have been looking forward to this one all week. i love an american ipa.

this one poured very pale and clear. has a light fruity aroma, lots of orange and some pineapple, a little resiny pine and some nice pilsnery malt aroma, and light cream crackers.

flavor wise it goes lots of citrusy orange and a solid pine kick. i get a good malt backing, not strong and its hard to pull out specific flavors, but its definitely there to balance the hops. it has a really nice silky smooth bitterness that lingers for a while in a fruity good way and is not overbearing at all.

if i didn't know what hops were in here my guess would have been this is a traditional amarillo, simcoe & cascade ipa other than the bitterness. its very classic, super balanced and went down way too easy. it very much reminded me of an old school west coast ipa with less grapefruit and more orange. the bitterness was perfect too. nice job with this one. i am curious to see the recipe to see how you were able to mesh everything so well. especially what you bittered with or lack thereof. was it the cashmere?

Capture.JPG

I have somewhat fond memories of purchasing Berliner from a hotel vending machine while in Berlin, I know its Not exactly remarkable but when you arrive at a hotel at 12 o’clock at night after your flight was delayed, and everything is shut it is quite pleasant (think I paid €2 for it).

As for me Little Ox Oxford Pilsner.

In that situation it would be nectar! It isn’t bad particularly, just not especially interesting.

cracked open the second bottle @samale sent me tonight. its an ipa with a new hop i haven't tried before Sabro. i have been looking forward to this one all week. i love an american ipa.

this one poured very pale and clear. has a light fruity aroma, lots of orange and some pineapple, a little resiny pine and some nice pilsnery malt aroma, and light cream crackers.

flavor wise it goes lots of citrusy orange and a solid pine kick. i get a good malt backing, not strong and its hard to pull out specific flavors, but its definitely there to balance the hops. it has a really nice silky smooth bitterness that lingers for a while in a fruity good way and is not overbearing at all.

if i didn't know what hops were in here my guess would have been this is a traditional amarillo, simcoe & cascade ipa other than the bitterness. its very classic, super balanced and went down way too easy. it very much reminded me of an old school west coast ipa with less grapefruit and more orange. the bitterness was perfect too. nice job with this one. i am curious to see the recipe to see how you were able to mesh everything so well. especially what you bittered with or lack thereof. was it the cashmere?

View attachment 26355
Just checked my notes this was another brew to use up the last of my grain so it's a bit of a mix match
3.5 kg pilsner
500 g pale malt
800g Vienna
200g crystal 40
25g of each sabro cashmere & Amarillo at 10 mins
25g of each again at 80 degrees. Transferred for no chill. These hops stay in until the next day
Dry hop at day 10 with 75g of sabro and 50g of Amarillo.

Yeast was CML hog norsk

In that situation it would be nectar! It isn’t bad particularly, just not especially interesting.
I put it in the same category as Imperial (the standard beer in Costa Rica) or big brown bottles of Amstel which seemed to be the standard beer in Greece).

The problem is when they are sold as premium import beer, at a euro or dollar a bottle they are great, at £2.29 (going by Beer Hawk for Berliner) not so much.

Tiny Rebel Clwb Tropica to start tonight, nice fruity IPA. Going down a treat

Now this is nice. Would be perfect chilled on a hot summers day. It tastes like pure grapefruit juice with a hint of wheat beer. The only disappointment is it’s strength of 2.5% - the ingredients say it’s 50% beer and 50% grapefruit.

View attachment 26363

That sounds nice. I'll keep an eye out for some of that next time I pop into my local off license as they normally stock loads of different stuff. Where did you buy it from?

I've cracked open another bottle of this Heart of England Two Rabbits Hoppy IPA that I tried for the first time last week.

I was going to leave it longer after the first try last week, but there seems to be an improvement since then although I'm not sure if it's all in my mind or not. After this, it's onto the turbo cider.

That sounds nice. I'll keep an eye out for some of that next time I pop into my local off license as they normally stock loads of different stuff. Where did you buy it from?

This one came in a mixed box of German beers from Beer Hunter. It’s not so much a beer in my view because there’s not much of a beer taste at all but it is a really nice drink.

Now this is nice. Would be perfect chilled on a hot summers day. It tastes like pure grapefruit juice with a hint of wheat beer. The only disappointment is it’s strength of 2.5% - the ingredients say it’s 50% beer and 50% grapefruit.

View attachment 26363
Just got 3 cans of this for the gf, she loves it and sometimes mixes it with fruli or a fruited sour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back