What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Punk ipa(original recipe) clone (with extra dry hops).
This was one of two test bottles (rest is kegged). Pretty pleased with it although its not as punchy as I'd hoped. I'd primed with brown sugar(don't ask..) which added a wee bit of extra dimension to it.

Tasting my coffee breakfast stout. Yum.

Attachments

• 20200314_200020.jpg
    20200314_200020.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 194
Just opened up the second 5L mini growler of my Yorkshire Bitter, the, extra time in the keg compared to the previous one has made a difference, it has a nice malt taste with just the hint of bitterness, more importantly it has lost the slight residual sweetness that the previous keg had (possibility all the priming sugar hadn’t fermented out) making for a much better beer, and reminds me why I brew session bitters.

A bottle of my american pale ale and my first bottle of my user upper best bitter :beer1:
IMG-20200315-WA0041.jpeg
IMG-20200315-WA0036.jpeg

After a day driving SWMBO to a dental appointment and a hairdresser I got home just in time to listen to Boris drone on with some of the most impractical advice I have ever heard! Most of it was a series of "WTF is he on about?" moments that culminated in being told that my wife and I are "vulnerable" by over seven years!

This was after an experienced Doctor had pointed out that a fit 70 year old would be less likely to be "vulnerable" than a 50 years old overweight and out of condition smoker! (A 77 year old, ex-policeman, schoolmate of mine finished a half-marathon last Saturday! I just can't picture Jim being "vulnerable" somehow! :laugh8:)

However, what topped the lot was Boris's plea that "engineering companies" switched over to producing "ventilators"! The thought that anyone could be placed on a Ventilator made by JCB (a company that happens to be one of the biggest Conservative Party supporters in the UK) is risible. Boris's idea has been shot down by almost anyone who knows anything about production lines and engineering, never mind how to manufacture "Respirators"!

Here's my photographic proof. It shows my first pint of Wilko Hoppy Copper Bitter in front of a TV on which Boris is explaining his "plans". I think the phrase is "I wouldn't pay them in washers!"

IMG_1682.jpg

Looks a tidy pint that Dutto. How's the implant doing?

I took great heart from your "six week off work" comment because I usually shrug things off like this reasonably quickly and six weeks seemed a long time to me! (Idiot that I am! aheadbutt )

Today was great! athumb.. I wrestled myself into the car (an automatic), spent an hour driving to Skegness so that SWMBO could visit her dentist and hairdresser, walked about half a mile to a restaurant and back for lunch and then drove the hour back home before getting stuck into the Bitter! :beer1:

Tonight I feel okay whereas I expected to be as stiff as a plank so "Thanks for the advice!" athumb..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back