What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly me. Locked myself in the garage, purportedly "putting away tools" after another back-breaking and death-defying day repairing garage roof. Managed to accidentally spill 4 half halfs of "Stockpile APA" down my neck while in there. Luckily I survived.
Lucky boy, cush- good job you store your beer in there, not your car...!!!

Now THAT looks like my perfect pint!! Is is single hop? Could you post the recipie please?

Yes, by all means...

4.5Kg Vienna malt
300g Carahell EBC 30
150g Torrified wheat
75 min mash at 150F

Bring the wort to boiling (212F)
20g Simcoe Leaf AA=13% (60 mins)

1/2 Protofloc tablet (15 mins)
30g Simcoe Leaf AA=13% (15 mins)
30g Mosaic Leaf AA=11.4% (15 mins)

Reduce temp to 165F
30g Simcoe Leaf AA=13%
30g Mosaic Leaf AA=11.4%
Hop stand for 30 mins at 165F

23.5 litres in FV, OG=1046
20g US West Coast yeast

Dry hop on day 7
50g Simcoe Leaf, added dry
50g Mosaic Leaf, added dry

Barrel on day 12, FG=1007, ABV=5.0%

Because there are a lot of hops, you will need to condition for a while for best results. Mine was conditioned 8 weeks.
(You can drink earlier!)

Last edited:
Yes, by all means...

4.5Kg Vienna malt
300g Carahell EBC 30
150g Torrified wheat
75 min mash at 150F

20g Simcoe Leaf AA=13% (60 mins)

1/2 Protofloc tablet (15 mins)
30g Simcoe Leaf AA=13% (15 mins)
30g Mosaic Leaf AA=11.4% (15 mins)

Reduce temp to 165F
30g Simcoe Leaf AA=13%
30g Mosaic Leaf AA=11.4%
Hop stand for 30 mins at 165F

23.5 litres in FV, OG=1046
20g US West Coast yeast

Dry hop on day 7
50g Simcoe Leaf, added dry
50g Mosaic Leaf, added dry

Barrel on day 12, FG=1007, ABV=5.0%

Because there are a lot of hops, you will need to condition for a while for best results. Mine was conditioned 8 weeks.
(You can drink earlier!)
Reduce temperature to 175?? Your mash is 150, or typo?? Thanks for that tho, looks yum!!

No, my apologies, I misunderstood the reply. Makes perfect sense now, thanks. Would you imagine that the substitution of Vienna for light MO would change the profile significantly? Cheers Tim.

No, my apologies, I misunderstood the reply. Makes perfect sense now, thanks. Would you imagine that the substitution of Vienna for light MO would change the profile significantly? Cheers Tim.

The beer will be a little different but you’ll still get a nice beer. If you were trying to clone something it would matter but if you just want to make a nice beer don’t fret it.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions. Good luck!

The beer will be a little different but you’ll still get a nice beer. If you were trying to clone something it would matter but if you just want to make a nice beer don’t fret it.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions. Good luck!
Thanks, will do!!

I don't understand this mixture of units, degrees F , then grams not oz, and Arabic numbers not Roman numerals. 😂😂

I don't understand this mixture of units, degrees F , then grams not oz, and Arabic numbers not Roman numerals. 😂😂

Could be worse, I could revert to “northern” 😂

I lived through the change to metric so I can (and do) move seamlessly between them. There could be a rationale - grams are smaller units than ounces, degrees fahrenheit are smaller units than degrees celsius - helps to be more accurate 😜

Why do people use F for high temperatures but C for low. I never see I lagered at 34 degrees but if it's hot then it's 80 degrees outside.

Why do people use F for high temperatures but C for low. I never see I lagered at 34 degrees but if it's hot then it's 80 degrees outside.

I only use F when referring to temperatures I set on my temperature controller - mashing, mash out, hopstand and pitching. Then back to C for fermenting etc, I have a beer lagering at 3C. Surely this all makes sense :confused.:

Not drinking much tonight but just cracked this one open.

E34A91DB-B285-4359-9F32-A1B1DE02BAE2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back