What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the saisons I bottled yesterday. Be134 is a fast monster. Quite a bit green but its gonna be a nice tropical fruity saison.

20200823_180648.jpg

Eldest daughter came round for roast and beers - the one that buys me boxes of beer (she’s a good girl ;) ). We’ve enjoyed a few this afternoon so I’ve been a bit quiet again today. Now on the dregs of my Galaxy/Citra ale because it’s only 5.2%. I’m not sure that drinking more of my 6.8% ale is a good idea! 🥴

6956A1D4-9221-4749-BB0B-D0D4B474A58C.jpeg

Had a Fullers ale (was OK) and now a pint of Bishops Finger. Not keen on the smell or taste.... Meh.
Wish I had more of the Guinness West Indies Porter that I had last night 🤤 Need to get a recipe for that!

Apart from the bottling dregs from the Hazelwood Brewery bitter clone I've decided to see how my GH dry stout kegged in June is shaping up...it's carbed,black as a bag and very nice indeed.

Second week off of the summer, this time at the in-laws 🙃
They're very into 'ale'. Trouble is brewery beer is sadly now a bit samey. Had a couple of London Pride, a couple Abbott - both similar - Abbott was one of my faves in the 90s... Now a Spitfire - this is the best as it has some flavour.
In the garage they have uncovered a plethora of continental beers dating back 30 years so hoping to get some of those later in the week 😁🍻

Back from a weekend in Durham. Seemed to be in a bit if a cask desert, so had to drink all that there trendy craft beer stuff. Nothing blew my mind, but it was better than drinking over priced lager, which seemed to be the main alternative, and I didn't immediately spring a beard and a wanky moustache and start calling myself Jarvis, so all was good. 😁

So, I am now redressing the ale balance with the remaining stash from my Manchester trip. First up;

IMG_20200823_194040.jpg

Next up - Joseph Holt Sixex;

IMG_20200823_210845.jpg

Both rather nice. One more then bed I think.

😀😀😀
I had that beer, I find that with a lot of new brewery's. They play it safe, the range will include red ale, stout and a pale ale. It must have to do with profit and price range.
Too bad about the tasted.
Why the 6% number? Do people where you're from prefer lower ABV's?
I know and have met a lot of people that are slightly put off a beer if it has a high abv. They think one bottle will floor them. Probably because they have had a lifetime of 4% beers.

There may be more to it from the breweries perspective but they are almost certainly trying to appeal to as wide a range of people as possible. The amount of 'session' IPA's you can get these days is wild.

I know and have met a lot of people that are slightly put off a beer if it has a high abv. They think one bottle will floor them. Probably because they have had a lifetime of 4% beers.

There may be more to it from the breweries perspective but they are almost certainly trying to appeal to as wide a range of people as possible. The amount of 'session' IPA's you can get these days is wild.
Next time you are down in Derry. Pick these two up. Both are 7.8% I had them last night. DIPA & DNEIPA
IMG_20200822_181227923.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back