What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Privileged to try @dan125 new house pale.

This is lovely. Can tell it's well made. Beautiful colour, aroma and flavour is spot on. The hops really compliment each other.

Attachments

• 20210816_205831.jpg
    20210816_205831.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 34
cali2.jpg

My Cali Common attempt. It looks a *bit* more appetising than in this terrible pic, but I don't think I can polish this t**d much more, bottled 20/7! 😃 Put it down to the wrong time of year, I guess. Decent colour, although still not clear, no head at all (although far from flat). tastes a bit thin and home-made, I'm not proud to say.

View attachment 52789

Guess which is Jail Ale from Morrisons (partially de-gassed in the large jug), and CD’s Jail Ale Clone, three months since brewing. The amount of head gives it away, and I forgot which was which whilst drinking them!
I love Jail Ale and also make a clone. I visited the brewery shop about a month ago bought some beer and a glass.

Reactions: CD
I love Jail Ale and also make a clone. I visited the brewery shop about a month ago bought some beer and a glass.
I use a 25Kg sack of Pale malt, and 1½Kg each of crystal malt and wheat malt, which is the same ratio the Brewery was using at one time. Is yours about the same? I forget which and how much hops they used, I tend to use First Gold for bittering and Goldings for aroma.

After 17 days of covid disrupted trip to Zakynthos were going home tomorrow so I'm minesweeping fridge for a quick pre prandrial. These came from Lidl early in trip. They are all 10.5 per cent. I've gone for the one in white bottle which apparently is "the authentic dark red triple"

20210817_195351.jpg

Tonight i am raising a few glasses to my mum in law to whom we said goodbye to today, from my point of view she was very special to me in every aspect she would never interfere in our life's as some do she would make her feelings known in a nice way, sorry i am going to have stop here i could not have wished for a better mum in law if i tried, my last post today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back