What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A family bike ride today. Stopped for lunch and had a Staropramen, best of a poor selection.

Last night in the caravan and started on something light. It's nice enough but don't think I will buy again, I prefer the ipa

Attachments

• 20210830_200114.jpg
    20210830_200114.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 33
Back home. Cracked open first bottle of my Cali Common. Not bad at all. Think this will be a good Autumn brew. I thoroughly enjoyed drinking some of the commercial beers on holiday and had some belters but great to be back on the real home brewed stuff!

IMG_20210830_202744.jpg

Next up is another cloudwater, didn't realise I had so many in the fridge. This one is alongside black rock brewery. Mosaic is the hop of choice and it isn't that bad.

Attachments

• 20210830_210325.jpg
    20210830_210325.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 30
I’m having a Czech Pilsner as I’ve just changed the keg. Suddenly I’m almost out of the bitter, stout, and summer breeze on tap too! I do have another stout and bitter conditioning and I do have a couple of other hoppy ales but I need to get another Pilsner, bitter, stout, and summer breeze on the go soon.

0BADE633-85EE-4959-9ABA-AD1C0B99BF50.jpeg

Just the one beer tonight. Been saving this beer from @samale for such a night. Imperial Dark Saison...I can't remember how strong it is?
Thick fluffy head and the carbonation was spot on. Very Dark as described, dark brown I would say. It had sweet treacle type aroma. It's not a style of beer I have had before, it was almost porter like in texture but a little dryer. It didn't taste roasty, more of a burnt sugar/treacle note to it. It was easy drinking with no harshness and wasn't cloying in any way.
Very nice beer👍🏼 couldn't really get much Saison character, seemed more like a Dubbel with a more subtle yeast character.
IMG_20210831_201735.jpg

Just the one beer tonight. Been saving this beer from @samale for such a night. Imperial Dark Saison...I can't remember how strong it is?
Thick fluffy head and the carbonation was spot on. Very Dark as described, dark brown I would say. It had sweet treacle type aroma. It's not a style of beer I have had before, it was almost porter like in texture but a little dryer. It didn't taste roasty, more of a burnt sugar/treacle note to it. It was easy drinking with no harshness and wasn't cloying in any way.
Very nice beer👍🏼 couldn't really get much Saison character, seemed more like a Dubbel with a more subtle yeast character.
View attachment 53654
It was 10.5%, small batch experimental beer. I have been trying different Belgian yeast on an imperial stout recipe. Basically trying to carry some of the Belgian character over. It's very difficult with the strong flavour of the roasted and crystal malts.
I have tried T-58, WLP 530, this time I used belle Saison yeast.

It was 10.5%, small batch experimental beer. I have been trying different Belgian yeast on an imperial stout recipe. Basically trying to carry some of the Belgian character over. It's very difficult with the strong flavour of the roasted and crystal malts.
I have tried T-58, WLP 530, this time I used belle Saison yeast.
I was interesting with that yeast choice and very drinkable but still had body like a porter. What was the SG & FG?

Hmmmm.
Not sure about this... taste reminds me of pine-scented toilet freshener :-/

(and before anyone says, I've not tasted pine-scented toilet freshener)

View attachment 53672
I have yet to find an alcohol free beer that is really worth drinking, but I keep on hoping someone will get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back