What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a flyer from work so all ready for a few...
First up is a taster of the Guinness clone...it's still young but definitely has that sour twang I remember. Depending how it goes I might up the acid malt in the mash..it's carbed up nicely and retains a tight off white head with lacing on the glass.
Overall I'm quite pleased with it. I shall review again next week.
What's the recipe on that Clint

Munich not so pale ale
IMG_20210312_200517047.jpg

23l
Crisp Maris otter. 3.2kg
Crisp flaked barley 895g
Crisp roast barley 445g
Weyerman acid malt 215g added to mash last 15 minutes
Mash 65c one hour
Target 47g 7.5% @ 60
45 IBU
CML beior yeast
OG 1.043
FG 1.011
4.2%
I am missing a stout from my stock. I need to make room on the brew schedule

Need to keg the latest Belgian pale tomorrow and this keg of Belgian IPA is still filling the pint glass. Must be nearly empty. I know what's going to happen I'll break out the bottling kit and end up bottling a couple of bottles...I have enjoyed this beer though so can't complain.
IMG_20210312_201602.jpg

Need to keg the latest Belgian pale tomorrow and this keg of Belgian IPA is still filling the pint glass. Must be nearly empty. I know what's going to happen I'll break out the bottling kit and end up bottling a couple of bottles...I have enjoyed this beer though so can't complain.
View attachment 43029
Dave how are you bottling from the keg. Have you the fancy bottling counter pressure filler

Tonight’s early line up. The citra pale I brewed is not ready yet so Tesco got a shout
Whitewater hopped hammer 6%
Brew dog mallow laser quest 6%
northern monk faith 5.4%
vocation tri-hop—ical 5.7-%
northern monk northern star 5.2%
north brewing co sputnik 5%
the lighter abv may allow me to find my way to bed tonight as I usually fall asleep on the sofa and get a 3am shout from my wife and I mean shout literally

Attachments

• 8C481E5F-4203-4B71-8A3C-06B7941109B4.jpeg
    8C481E5F-4203-4B71-8A3C-06B7941109B4.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 51
Tonight’s early line up. The citra pale I brewed is not ready yet so Tesco got a shout
Whitewater hopped hammer 6%
Brew dog mallow laser quest 6%
northern monk faith 5.4%
vocation tri-hop—ical 5.7-%
northern monk northern star 5.2%
north brewing co sputnik 5%
the lighter abv may allow me to find my way to bed tonight as I usually fall asleep on the sofa and get a 3am shout from my wife and I mean shout literally
You need to get the finger out and get brewing 😉

You need to get the finger out and get brewing 😉
Need some inspiration first. So will drink a few of these and see if any of them jump out lol. Likely end up doing that black ipa recipie you sent me or a variation of it with what I have to hand. But could end up being a stout with a lot of hops in if I balls it up lol

Need some inspiration first. So will drink a few of these and see if any of them jump out lol. Likely end up doing that black ipa recipie you sent me or a variation of it with what I have to hand. But could end up being a stout with a lot of hops in if I balls it up lol
I am just about to finish the boil now. I made some slight changes.
5kg Maris
1 kg Munich
500g carafa 3 cold steep in 3 litres of water overnight. This is added to the boil
15 g magnum @60
20g citra 20g Simcoe @10 mins
30g citra 30g Simcoe @ hop stand
50g of each dry hop.
Pia yeast

That's what I did 😏

It’s maybe a little bit early but it’s Friday afternoon and there’s nothing I need to be doing. It’s a bit chilly today though so I’m going to start with an easy drinking stout. Happy Friday y’all! 🥳

View attachment 42568
Any good? I can't tell you how many times I've eyeballed this in Sainsbury's! My main concern is it's too sweet?

Dave how are you bottling from the keg. Have you the fancy bottling counter pressure filler
I wouldn't say it's fancy..it's a home.made counter pressure. Made from a bottling wand/tube, Silicone bottle top and a bung. Which I connect to a growler tap piece. Then I have a splitter with a picnic tap on my had line to purge the bottles before filling
IMG_20210126_091751.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back