What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Planet of Ice IPA kindly sent me by @Stu's Brews.
Well carbed, light foamy head that lasted down the glass.
Slightly hazy with lush tropical fruitiness, balanced by bitterness from
Citra and Nelson Sauvin.
Just the sort of thing I like to brew and drink, I think this would also work well with Verdant yeast.
Thanks for sharing !
View attachment 81194

Glad you enjoyed it! I brewed it as a West Coast style but definitely agree it could easily be converted into more of a New England style.

Czech pils, the keg should be kicking soon :(

On another note, I am wondering now if to make a Pilsner Urquell clone you need to let it lager for months to get the same flavour homebrewing. I'd imagine there is some oxidation in the packaged variety.

20230127_143107.jpg

IMG_20230127_214703.jpg

Evening all,
Sampling the delights of a Premier Inn, near Gatwick.
Carry-in is a lovely rich fruity hopped pale ale (4%).
BBE Was only 31.7.22, well in date for me.
Unless I get some in at Weatherspoon's with breakfast, it will all be Austrian Weissbiers from here on in for a week. ❄️⛷️
No-one say, "break a leg" please.

View attachment 81209
Evening all,
Sampling the delights of a Premier Inn, near Gatwick.
Carry-in is a lovely rich fruity hopped pale ale (4%).
BBE Was only 31.7.22, well in date for me.
Unless I get some in at Weatherspoon's with breakfast, it will all be Austrian Weissbiers from here on in for a week. ❄️⛷️
No-one say, "break a leg" please.
How about hope you get some good snow.

20230120_202401.jpg

AG#104 "Thunderbolt" American Brown Ale

I hadn't made one of these before but was inspired by the recent ABA appreciation thread.

Not as black as it looks in the pic, actually dark brown like Coca-Cola. It's got a really nice chocolatey aroma and flavour, but not at all roasty like Porter or Stout.

It's a perfectly competent beer but in hindsight when I came up with the hop schedule I paid too much attention to the BJCP guidelines when I should have gone with with my gut instinct and experience. For my tastes next time I'd significantly up the bitterness and hop flavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back