What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished packing the caravan for a week away with the family in Pembrokeshire. Am now knackered as I seem to be the only one capable of packing. Had to make sure the beer was stowed safely :whistle:

Anyway, sitting down to an elderflower blonde and then I may have a wheat beer.
Change of plan, husband has pinched the wheat beer so I'm left with the barley wine. Suppose I'll manage.

M&S is the only place I've seen butty bach in, if I ever decide to bottle culture the wye valley strain up.

They usually have Butty Bach in Co-OP

I had that feeling where I didn't fancy any of my beers tonight, so stopped by waitrose on the way home and picked up these:

Proper Job (never tried this for some reason)
Oakham JHB, Scarlett Macaw, Bishops Farewell (really like their beers, apart from the Citra, which is ****)
Jaipur IPA
Hop House 13 (these were 2 for �£2, so thought why not?)

Won't get through all these tonight, but will give it a good go.

There is a reason Hop 13 is on sale...

I got home from the cycling and pulled my Saison out of my brew fridge, I put a few bottles in there whilst my Pilsner is lagering. My god it's made hell of a difference. Tasted lovely!!!

Just finished packing the caravan for a week away with the family in Pembrokeshire. Am now knackered as I seem to be the only one capable of packing. Had to make sure the beer was stowed safely :whistle:

Anyway, sitting down to an elderflower blonde and then I may have a wheat beer.

If you're passing near j47 of the m4 you'd be more than welcome to a few bottles to help you on the way.

If you're passing near j47 of the m4 you'd be more than welcome to a few bottles to help you on the way.

That's very kind of you doj, we could have done a swap. I've packed plenty of my beer, about 6 different types, but we go cross country. It's quicker than going all the way round on the motorway. Plus the scenery is better. Cheers

That's very kind of you doj, we could have done a swap. I've packed plenty of my beer, about 6 different types, but we go cross country. It's quicker than going all the way round on the motorway. Plus the scenery is better. Cheers

Yup the scenery is better. I'm up to Bangor in a few weeks as I do the university 'shuttle' with my daughter although there are some narrow twisty bits at times.

Enjoy your hols (and beer!)

A wilko copper bitter, which in all honesty is probably my last wilko kit. coopers and premium kits have shed new light in the home brew world for me over the last few months

A wilko copper bitter, which in all honesty is probably my last wilko kit. coopers and premium kits have shed new light in the home brew world for me over the last few months

Just biab and ag to go ;-)

Drinking various commercial **** because I need the bottles for tomoz ;-)

Ah yes I know it, used to go the golf course there often. And the local area erupted when Harvester came there :lol:

yup, much better than the oily hgv park that was there before, yet one of the local councillors opposed it :doh:

what am I drinking?

my own wheat beer - lush, after an afternoon in cardiff - brewdog enjoying their wares although the imperial stout I tried was not as nice as mine:-o

still I have a lot to learn to be able to brew a good dipa :mrgreen:

Family BBQ tonight down in Catford, your neck of the woods I believe MQ, I drove through Peckham on the way there. So I drank tea all night whilst SWMBO and the rest of the family helped themselves to a very well stocked bar laid on by my Brother and Sister in law. Watching them all have a good drink whilst I boiled the kettle, again has given me a real thirst. I've just had a Ritchies Simply Yorkshire bitter but the second bottle out of the fridge doesn't have a coloured band on the neck that I use to identify my beers so it's a bit of a mystery until I taste it. Here goes, wish me luck.

I popped in my local at lunch and tried a dortmunder Union that is now on tap permanently. Not fussed on lager but this was lovely. So refreshing in this weather. Got home and had a dunkel and just finished a Slovenian pale. Not sure what to have next

all my own stuff :thumb:

wheat beer , ipa, belgian ale and RIS...

wow.

this hb lark is awesome :drunk:

If I die tonight i'll be a happy man :grin:

and if not there's plenty more where that came from :lol:

You just can't beat finding an old bottle you'd forgotten about.

I need to start doing this, hiding a bottle somewhere I will forget because I keep them all together in boxes so I know and well when they are gone, they are gone..

As long as its not something like a hop nuke its probably worth just putting one aside and trying 6 months later.. I must do it, a stout sounds like a good beer to mature from it too..

Anyway its bank holiday monday

tonight I had a pseudo pilsner which was still nice and a witbier which is lovely and pleasant now ready for the summer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back