What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! You just wanted the bottle. I do the same with the 660 punk ipa bottles, also have a few 1 litre swing tops and a couple of small growlers. The impy sounds good mate hope it turns out well.

Hi!
Not drinking tonight as I am at work, but enjoyed a pint of my Cali common (I call it Common as Muck) at lunchtime.
It's a little over-bittered for my palate, but it's a really nice drink. I've got head retention and carbonation just right - where have I gone wrong :laugh8:

In running low on stocks so I bought a couple of Harviestoun beers at Sainsbury tonight. They have always been one of my favourite breweries so I’m pretty sure homebrewing has ruined commercial bottled beers for me.

First up was The Ridge, which I’d never had before. It’s supposed to be hopped with Amarillo and Fuggles. I couldn’t pick out the Amarillo in either the aroma or the flavour. I could have been given it and told it was a bog-standard pale ale from Marstons or Greene King and I would have believed it. Better than if I’d bought a mass produced lager but nothing special.

Bitter & Twisted is/was one of my favourite beers and I had it in cask a couple of weeks ago and still loved it. Disappointed tonight. Similar applies with the standard pale ale comment above, but it was nicer, much more citrusy!

I should have got some American style beers.

Can totally agree with you on this, bitter and twisted was one of my favs also, now just taste a bit ordinary from the bottle.

Can totally agree with you on this, bitter and twisted was one of my favs also, now just taste a bit ordinary from the bottle.
B&T and Inveralmond Ossian were both my “go-to” British style beers and I’ve been really disappointed with both the last time I had them.

Ossian I’m blaming on the Innis & Gunn takeover because it seems to be since the labels changed etc that the beer has gone downhill so I assume they changed the recipe - the bottled version used to have a lovely marmalade type finish and now is just bland.

B&T surprised me because I’d had it from cask 3 weeks ago and it tasted the same as it always has - I’m assuming they’ve made some kind of change to the bottled version.

B&T and Inveralmond Ossian were both my “go-to” British style beers and I’ve been really disappointed with both the last time I had them.

Ossian I’m blaming on the Innis & Gunn takeover because it seems to be since the labels changed etc that the beer has gone downhill so I assume they changed the recipe - the bottled version used to have a lovely marmalade type finish and now is just bland.

B&T surprised me because I’d had it from cask 3 weeks ago and it tasted the same as it always has - I’m assuming they’ve made some kind of change to the bottled version.

I have found the complete opposite with another fav of mine, Addams broadside,the bottle version is so much better. Might have been a few bad pints in the local spoons but I much prefer the bottle.

He's done it again took him out to buxton tap house and he's fast asleep. Shame he's missing out on some cracking beer. Had an "into the zawn" session ipa now sipping a beyond the skyline dry hopped berliner weisse
DSC_0970.JPG

Had a South stack. New England style ipa with NZ hops, this had a slight Belgian yeast smell to it but I still realy enjoyed it. Now having a "subliminal" imperial stout with coffee, another amazing beer, Buxton just cant put a foot wrong for me, not a one trick pony of a brewery anything they do they do well.
Good news is my boy is still asleep.
DSC_0971.JPG

Well after having a few of my bulldog brew bad cat red....which is a bit meh!!!

I have the very special privilege of having what I believe to be the last bottle of RIS key business. Wow. Had only a few sips at the moment but ready to have Dad of Johns kids!!! Mrs SDT wants a second taste but no comprendy!!!!!!

DoJ kindly sent me this knowing it to be the last bottle so big props to him.

Edited after drinking.

Oh wow, went from being a cold coffee chocolate flavour to a warming liquorice/ raisins flavour. I can see why this was so highly applauded.

@dadofjohn.

Thanks, thanks very much

Glad u liked it SDT, the bottle you sent me was a tidy brew :thumb: somehow causing me to to miss the end of a film I was watching. RIS's are great for a nightcap.

as for today all my own from the sig, grapefruit, fake neipa, duvel-x & yassim :Cheers:

I have found the complete opposite with another fav of mine, Addams broadside,the bottle version is so much better. Might have been a few bad pints in the local spoons but I much prefer the bottle.

I enjoy broadside from the bottle 6.3% - my kinda figure. vom fass (from the barrel) it's 4.7%

Having a session pale ale from my generation brewery in north York's. Has 2 hops never tried before, galena, and Polaris alongside cascade and magnum. Quite a sweet tasting drink, I would describe as floral, but I'm not very good at picking out notes to be honest.

Brought this home from buxton today. Cranachan this is soooo good sour and sweet tons of Raspberry so complex I dont know where to start, if you see it anywhere buy it, in fact clear the shelf, i bet this will age very well.
DSC_0972.JPG

Cracked open a bottle of my Kitsters Last Stand 'Old Ale', one of the ones that I couldn't fit in my brew fridge so was carbing at room temp. Its carbed up, so they all have been moved into the garage to age. Its very young, but very promising. Going to have a sneaky taste of my King Kegged IPA in a moment too ~ hoping the CML yeast taste has dissipated.

Had my first ever Sierra Nevada over the weekend! :unsure:

Not a bad beer for something that is readily available in a lot of pubs these days.

I'll be drinking this tonight
Vlam.JPG

Oud-Vlaamse Twit (V2) A Belgian Whit type beer - but not so whit!
2.5k each of maris otter & wheat malt, 70grm. Hersbrucker (2.2)
Danstar classic wheat beer yeast ABV 5%. The first beer from my new (2nd.) corney keg - Xmas pressy from SHMBO

Cheers

Tonight's brews, looking forward to both of these, brewery is just outside Edinburgh and have had a few nice ones from Stewart's brewing

Attachments

• IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 106
Almost the very last of the second Black Sheep Riggwelter clone, bottled 1st October 2017. I really like this beer, after drinking 3 pints of it at a family gathering around the start of 2017. The pub is very close to the Chorley junction on the M61.

The recipe is in the GW book, which I use now for most of my winter beers.

Will do some Belgians and other Radical Beers with other yeasts when the warm weather returns.

Smoked barley wine from torrside. It's not just us homebrewers that get carbonation wrong, but oh my this is the bomb! Smokey sweet caramel goodness.
DSC_0975.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back