What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now it's time for my own Malongaarden in a Hoegaarden glass.

WOWWWWW....!! Better than it's more famous cousin ( IMO)

Cheers :beer1:

Attachments

• 1527876663681-1109699734.jpg
    1527876663681-1109699734.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 64
This afternoon and evening, I've been having a bottle of each of my drinking beers, so:

Wheat beer bottled November
Cornish Tin Miners (GH) Feb
Dry Stout also bottled in February
Fullers London Porter (GW) bottled on the 2nd March

The pattern is sort of following a wine tasting (i.e. drinking) schedule - pale to dark and light to heavy.

Had two pints of vimto in-between as this is warm weather and these are fairly strong beers.

This "six hours to do a brew" lark really is worth it. I feel I know these beers. The first sip of the FLP would remind anyone that this is a worthwhile hobby.

A taster bottle of my most recent brew. A Nelson Sauvin/Saaz faux lager. Still a little bit green but I nailed the carbonation on this one. This was first time batch priming, I will be doing so in the future.
IMG_9571.JPG

Gone back to my best bitter (tentatively titled "Swift" at the moment due to the tendency to disappear from my glass quickly & also the return of the swifts to where I live). Used WY1469 & I love its fruitiness but I've overdone the biscuit malt so it's a little cloying.

Second up is my Earl Grey pale ale to check carb levels. This is tasting great & carbed well so into the conditioning fridge it goes. It's getting entered into a local competition in July so hoping it develops well in the cold.

What both these brews have taught me is that even with all these wonder hops (& I do really love Mosaic, Nelson Sauvin, Galaxy et Al), my best brews all centre around East Kent Goldings. Coincidence...?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LIDL Sonderangebot. And it's tasty! The IPA is very okay, but I was more impressed with the English pale ale @3.6%, bit thin but good hop balance (never had Vic Secret hop before). The stout was smooth.

Festival Weisz, first bottle, Coopers Amber Ale, Coopers Stout, Muntons Traditional Ale and my very last Wilko Delicate Pilsner which is nice way beyond its price.

Nothing: the youngest one is out for a party and since I'm the one with the drivers license...

First beer will be after eleven.

edit: make that 11:30

Last edited:
More Diekirch Grand Cru tonight. Needs drinking -
It's passed it's sell-by date
Ah well...better get on with it....

Attachments

• 1528046721390-1109699734.jpg
    1528046721390-1109699734.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 57
IMG_0177.JPG

Cheeky raspberry cherry cider (TC) while mowing the lawns ! 5:30am train to London so maybe only 1 more !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back