What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20190311_192246.jpg
a kegged muntons Belgian that has been lurking in my brew shed forever and a day...it's super clear now but was average,it has improved! I need the keg as I have two batches that need bottling,brewing tomorrow and I can't face doing 80+ bottles ..

Well...that is THE question... I'm three pints in and it doesn't have seem to have moved! So if might be...10?? It is drinkable so I don't want to tip it. Looking at my brew log it was brewed last June!

A bitter I made. My second none kit beer, not fully AG as I can’t boil full volume. I will adjust hops according to the smaller boil value next time as I think this caused the overly malty flavour. But hey ho, beer is beer. The head retention is great though

Attachments

• 3CC4851D-C0F9-4AD1-856E-7D74C57624EA.jpeg
    3CC4851D-C0F9-4AD1-856E-7D74C57624EA.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 196
Just finished after a very long day. Four cans of Abbot ale chilling..before that a few tasters of the pale ales I make a in early feb.

Just got a consignment of Samuel Smiths via Beerwulf. I'd forgotten how much I like this stuff. Except the Organic Chocolate Stout, which is a struggle to get down. Wish I hadn't ordered three of them!
Had to taste the Warsteiner clone and the quaffable AIPA, too, just to see if I'd upset them in any way by moving the crates. All safe and sound, I'm happy to say.

A pint of a very boring 3.5% pale ale. But I'm so chuffed! Brewed with wyeast London ale 3, and served from a reclaimed 5l supermarket keg, it is a perfect session-able pint. Really like this yeast. Ferments out well, great flocculation, loving the flavour profile athumb... Sorry about crud photo, beer is actually very clearView attachment 18209
It's not a bad photo. Some of them look awful, your's looks drinkable. It's the same with colour photos in brewing books- look at them carefully and ask yourself, do I want to brew something that looks like this.

Just cracked the tynt...
Wow! That's intense! Thick malt,smooth and a big boozy kick at the back...not surprised at 7%+...
Definitely not a beer I usually drink and apart from the 8+ old muntons belgian I have in a keg something I have no reference to.
I wasn't sure about the muntons ..but while it's miles behind the tynt....it's got the character...if you know what I mean...

"Special B is produced in the same way as other Belgian caramel malts except that it undergoes a second roasting. Its profile is that of a cross between dark caramel malt and medium roasted malt. The resultant distinctive flavour and aroma enhances many Belgian classics, but could also add interesting flavours to British ales, especially milds, brown ales etc. An interesting usage is to blend Rauchmalz with Special B (60/40) to emulate the flavour of the traditional English brown malt, traditionally kilned over open fires. Colour 300 EBC; Maximum percentage 10% "

This comes from the Brewpacks guide to grains and is faithfully copied by BrewUK and others so I knocked up 10 litres out of curiosity.
I can only describe it as like drinking a bacon sandwich! I like smoked beers like Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Marzen, but this is in an entirely different league. Try it at your peril, I'm moving on to something else. It is drinkable, even very drinkable in retrospect, but you have to gird your loins before approaching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back