What did you brew today?

Discussion in 'Beer Brewdays!' started by MyQul, Jul 30, 2016.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Jun 19, 2019 #1941

samale

samale

samale

Many grams of hops are you using for a Belgian IPA. Are they as hop forward as an American ipa

2. Jun 19, 2019 #1942

strange-steve

strange-steve

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer

They can be, often people will simply use an American IPA recipe but with a Belgian yeast. I've been a little more reserved with only about 200g of hops split between whirlpool and dry hop (plus a bittering addition).

3. Jun 19, 2019 #1943

prog99

prog99

prog99

Regular. Supporting Member

Had an accidental taste of this tonight (I pulled the wrong keg when pouring a stout, the poor shed lighting made them look the same). Not bad at all, great head on the beer and very smooth. Hard to believe its over 8%. Sourness definitely restrained though, must try harder next time.

4. Jul 1, 2019 #1944

Clint

Clint

Clint

Hammered.....

GH wit with coriander and bitter orange peel ..brew day like clockwork but suffered a bit of a hit on efficiency...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  5. Jul 4, 2019 #1945

SteveH

SteveH

SteveH

Got a Farmhouse in your soul Saison on last night, hit all my numbers and everything went to plan... until the very end when my thermometer stopped working.

I couldn't measure water temperature to rehydrate the yeast (Belle Saison) so I pitched it dry at about 22c, hopefully all will be OK!

6. Jul 5, 2019 #1946

Richard Lander

Richard Lander

Richard Lander

Finding that here in the UK there are 100g vac-packed Hops for sale for £1 + VAT = £1.20, I have been brewing up all sorts of Hop flavoured "not beer" recipes. Turns out everything tastes better with hops in. The beer making materials involve £1 of hops and >£10 of malt to make 40 pints, which makes me upset when I have used up all the expensive Malt and drunk all the beer, need to buy more malt. Malt extract gets much cheaper in a 25L container, but that just makes it sadder every time I run out of it.

Recent brewing results using hops to flavour "country wines" are good. Turns out that for "Under £1 all in" I can brew up 5L batches of experimental recipes, with sugar, yeast, yeast vit, Hops and other ingredients.

Very pleased with: the tea+hops+spices; the cider+hops.; the ginger beer, with added hops. Other hops flavoured favourites to follow, I am sure.

Dutto likes this.
  7. Jul 12, 2019 at 7:07 PM #1947

chrisb8

chrisb8

chrisb8

Active Member Supporting Member

This afternoon I brewed a 15ltr batch of Coffee Vanilla Porter. This is my first attempt at this style so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out :beer1:

8. Jul 14, 2019 at 3:46 PM #1948

Sadfield

Sadfield

Sadfield

Landlord.

First brew in over a month. Knocked up a split batch brew using Wai-iti hops. Half is going to be fermented with Belle Saison and dry hopped with more Wai-iti. The other half will be fermented with a Belgian Abbey yeast (MJ M47) with sugar addition to raise the Abv by 2%, to hopefully end up with something in the spirit of Duvel Citra.