What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A user upper, pilsner malt biscuit and oats with jester
IMG_2062.jpeg

Version 2 of Helles (following guidelines in the Helles book I bought). Did a protein rest and the mash went solid at the bottom of the malt pipe, really hard to get it back into suspension. Had to keep stirring it while heating to the saccharine rest.

IMG_6865.jpg

Mash was stable at 68.

IMG_6866.jpg

One of a neighbour's chickens paid me a visit, had a wander around the brewshed (gave it some of the grist) and then it settled down in some hay.

IMG_6867.jpg

Big bubbles in the boil.

IMG_6869.jpg

IMG_20240520_122856.jpg

IMG_20240520_140601.jpg

IMG_20240520_141018.jpg

IMG_20240520_144039.jpg

1.075 after hydrometer adjustment. Raspberry and pineapple sour. 3kg extra light dme 500g lactose. 1.8kg raspberry's 2 litres pineapple 🍍 juice the dregs from two bottles of marriage parfait and juice from fage greek yogurt.

I don't normally add fruit just do a plain lambic but thought why not. I'm spending a fortune on vault city beers it would be good if I can get a stock of my own similar beer.

Last edited:
Half brewed an IPA today - mash and sparge with boil tomorrow. Was 93% pale malt and 5% crystal 40 EBC and some chit thrown in. A whole load of Centennial and Simcoe tomorrow, looking for around 1.056.

It's a really unpleasant looking colour pre boil though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240525_145137_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240525_145137_Gallery.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240525_164542_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240525_164542_Photos.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 0
I've gone full circle and just brewed a SMaSH beer, a repeat of pretty much the first beer I ever made. Maris Otter and Mosaic, although it's going to be all hops in the dry hop so currently it's just the hop free wort fermenting away in my downstairs loo (in a bucket, just to be clear!).

Getting a brew in before the new bairns arrive in a few weeks

I've gone full circle and just brewed a SMaSH beer, a repeat of pretty much the first beer I ever made. Maris Otter and Mosaic, although it's going to be all hops in the dry hop so currently it's just the hop free wort fermenting away in my downstairs loo (in a bucket, just to be clear!).

Getting a brew in before the new bairns arrive in a few weeks
I haven’t used Mosaic for a few years but would agree that it makes a really good SMASH.

As for me I brewed a 23L batch of ‘CML Tropical England Grain Kit’, this used a rather nice blend of the ‘modern’ US like British hops Jester, Olicana, Godiva, Mystic, Archer & Harlequi, which ai will be fermenting with Hornindial (a Kveik Yeast). I’ve made this kit a few times and it makes for a really nice easy drinking Summer IPA.

Busy busy day today.
Bottled the Dark Rock "Hazy Daze". Looks and smells amazing.

Then made an American Wheat Beer (well, half a one). Didn't quite get the water right (too much) so came in around 1.050 rather than 1.057 the recipe suggested. But it should come down to 1.010, so 5.5.

A little disappointed, because this is a small competition.
Also tidied out my shed.

I don't currently have a proper inkbird setup and I'm concerned it's going to be too warm and I'm going to get some weird aspects. Using Safale S05. It's fairly hardy, I know, but I'm trying to do this right.

Tempering chocolate in the sous vide now washing up is more like lick everything

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpeg
    IMG_0193.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0194.jpeg
    IMG_0194.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back