What did you learn today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea it was toxic I was implying it was a thing of the 80’s so they must have died of old age by now :laugh8:
I didn't know it was toxic either. I am getting worried since I sanded it of my kitchen ceiling around 7 years ago.
If I could go back I would of ripped the ceiling down. Money was tight 😢

Kegging your beer takes it to a whole new level.

For my first kegged beer I have made a rye pale ale hopped with Mandarina Bavaria. After 10 days in the keg, the beer tastes great and the hops are singing. Fantastic orange/marmalade taste. I may have to try a second glass!

I learnt that it was Shackleton's ego that got the Antarctic expedition needlessly into that mess and that he was a bit of a **** for not giving harry McNish an Antarctic medal.

Newborns don’t sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time....
Time of posting noted!
Here is a second thing to learn today.
That's why God didn't give men lactating breasts; Their hearing is acute enough to be woken up by a baby's crying, but they can only wake up the mother and say, "Our baby needs you, I don't have the requisite equipment to give a feed".
Then you can turn over and gratefully go back to sleep.
At least, I did!

I learnt DYOR, instead of listen to random ppl feedback from the internet, now I have a shiny copper kegwasher, which isn't suitable for sanitising.
And I had a nearly messed up afternoon, because the counterflow chiller didn't cool the wort cool enough to the pitching temperature, so I don't care anymore about the water bills, and I'll recirculate the wort from now on.

I learned that if you don't screw the top of an iSpindel on properly, it sinks in your wort... :(

Bottled my first brew tonight. Learned that my bottling wand is super slow. Discovered a 500ml bottle takes over 2 minutes to fill. Painful.The plus side is I had time to research how long it should take while filling...
Have ordered a larger replacement... 🙂
Your wand should not take 2 mins for a 500 bottle, 20 to 30 seconds is about right, dont force it against the bottom of the bottle, just a littletickle and it will flow faster, it may be blocked, try it with water.

Back