What food would you never eat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Organ meat, mostly, at least not unprocessed.

Paté, e.g. I do like, although it mostly from liver, but with enough fat and onions to make it taste nice.

For the rest I trust my nose. If I find that it smells good, I am prepared to try it. On the other hand some cheeses don't smell good, but do taste very good.

Some interesting thoughts here, as to ‘never’ eat. I agree with the comments about Surströmming, and would add Puffer fish, since there’s no point risking my life for the sake of eating something.
Unfortunately, I will generally eat anything that isn’t toxic ie likely to cause a harmful physiological reaction, I’d quite like to be more fussy as it might help my waistline!

Tripe, smells horrible tastes horrible and texture is horrible, people choke to death with it.

Liver, something I've liked in the past, until one time on a ship I was coming off watch at midnight I heard strange sound's from the galley, unfortunately I investigated finding a drunken cook having his way with a piece liver, a sight that's will haunt me to the grave and I can't even look at liver now

Seafood, offal, cheese. An almost perfect three course meal. Outside of badly prepared Bush tucker, there isn't much I won't consider eating. Coffee however, or more accurately the strong aroma of, I find really unpleasant, having to endure those highstreet coffee shops that deliberately ramp it up are an uncomfortable experience.

Brains... had it many years ago and was very nice but it's the thought of it now... and the texture. 🤢🤢
But would be willing to try Tripe again, SHMBO made it for me many years ago but refused to cook it again because of the smell.

My wife thought Brain’s Faggots were made from brains. Others must also have thought that as they’re now called Mr Brain’s faggots.😂

Had Durian its not as bad as made out its the smell.
Now I would not eat the Italian cheese with maggots in it that is revered as a delicacy🤢

Brains... had it many years ago and was very nice but it's the thought of it now... and the texture. 🤢🤢
But would be willing to try Tripe again, SHMBO made it for me many years ago but refused to cook it again because of the smell.
I never cooked it. Just as it came from the tripe shop,although it is cooked,with loads of vinegar and white pepper.

I couldn't understand how my dad could eat beef dripping on toast as a kid, though now I'd probably love it.

In our house of six it was like it or lump it !
Yep. We had roast beef on a Sunday and my Dad had bread and dripping on the Monday for his lunch. BTW, beef was cheaper than chicken back then.

Tripe, smells horrible tastes horrible and texture is horrible, people choke to death with it.

Liver, something I've liked in the past, until one time on a ship I was coming off watch at midnight I heard strange sound's from the galley, unfortunately I investigated finding a drunken cook having his way with a piece liver, a sight that's will haunt me to the grave and I can't even look at liver now
Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it!

I never cooked it. Just as it came from the tripe shop,although it is cooked,with loads of vinegar and white pepper.
My wife made me tripe and onions and i loved it but alas would never cook it again... did toy with the idea of cooking myself..... lol

Latest posts

Back