What next for The North of Ireland/ Northern Ireland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeva is the easiest way to explain it.
I have a daughter called caoimhe.
The further down you go in Ireland they pronounce it queeva
Anyone I know from England have problems pronouncing my family’s names
Erin
Caoimhe
Niamh
Orlaith
Siobhan

My youngest is Erin.

I know Naimh (Neeve)
Orlaith (is that Orla?)
Siobhan is easy.

Friend of mine is an Aishling (from Mayo) and it's quite funny seeing people trying to pronounce it who don't know.

Think i've said before about how I made an absolute tit out of myself in a Donegal petrol station, misunderstanding the cashiers questions 4-5 times, had a queue of 10 people laughing at me. 😂

Ooh thats a toughie.

Can Poots carry out his duties with integrity and impartiality?
Poots is a hardliner and a religious nut bar. I try My best to be positive but it's very difficult not to be sceptical. Naomi Long as justice minister again. No nationalist has been allowed to take up that post 😄

Poots is a hardliner and a religious nut bar. I try My best to be positive but it's very difficult not to be sceptical. Naomi Long as justice minister again. No nationalist has been allowed to take up that post 😄

He's a wacko.

Is that by design though, surely O'Neill would have had first dibs?

She got it because no nationalist wants it I think. How could they ?
Poots has been given a somewhat decent position after being scapegoated in his previous role. Pay off sort of thing.
He has no choice really than to be impartial. Alex maskey surprised most people on how well he conducted his role in the past.
And in fairness it’s a role in name only.

I just caught the name part of this thread. I use Dragon Medical One when I’m south of the border. I have to do my own correspondence and voice to text seemed to be an easy option.
It has no problems with the likes of intersaphenous and other such anatomical terms, but a decent chunk of the patient names are beyond it.

I have feeling the majority of the forum would have no interest, unfortunately.
That's not fair @Bosch , I'm very interested and so is the Wise One. Neither of us are Irish, by the way. I would hope others might be interested in getting themselves informed as well.
As for sticking this in the religious thread. I think we confuse sectarianism with religion in N. I. Maybe I'm wrong in that so it's important that I watch it. March 3rd. BBC 4. Not prime time viewing, is it?

I just caught the name part of this thread. I use Dragon Medical One when I’m south of the border. I have to do my own correspondence and voice to text seemed to be an easy option.
It has no problems with the likes of intersaphenous and other such anatomical terms, but a decent chunk of the patient names are beyond it.
It's times like these that I wish we had a great big question mark symbol as part of the thumbs up - angry series of flags.

It's times like these that I wish we had a great big question mark symbol as part of the thumbs up - angry series of flags.
IMG_1464.png

Latest posts

Back