What next for The North of Ireland/ Northern Ireland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a real chance Sinn Fein could be in power in the Republic after the next election.
How that turns out, God knows.
It's looking likely Sinn Fein are a well oiled machine. Weather you agree with them or not, they are doing everything to gain the Popular vote. John finucane will be the future leader of the party

I personally believe they need to change the full system. So that no one party can collapse the executive. The veto also needs removed, it has been abused by both major parties. It's the only way We will get any form of democracy

I agree with the view on hardliners but they won't decide the future. It will be the middle ground and the younger generation.
As for direct rule, can they trust the conservatives. The Irish government will also have more of a say which could be Mary Lou.
The hard liners will creat a new generation of hard liners on both sides and they will keep repeating the old narrative. I agree that they can’t trust the tories but could they ever ? Their need to cling to their sovereignty is stronger than their need to be accepted by the government. It’s like a child who is mistreated by their parent yet they keep striving for their love no matter how bad they are treated.

The hard liners will creat a new generation of hard liners on both sides and they will keep repeating the old narrative. I agree that they can’t trust the tories but could they ever ? Their need to cling to their sovereignty is stronger than their need to be accepted by the government. It’s like a child who is mistreated by their parent yet they keep striving for their love no matter how bad they are treated.
A form of Stockholm syndrome

The big question for me is, how do you pronounce Finance Minister Caoimhe Archibald's first name.
Keeva is the easiest way to explain it.
I have a daughter called caoimhe.
The further down you go in Ireland they pronounce it queeva
Anyone I know from England have problems pronouncing my family’s names
Erin
Caoimhe
Niamh
Orlaith
Siobhan

Back