What next for The North of Ireland/ Northern Ireland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's times like these that I wish we had a great big question mark symbol as part of the thumbs up - angry series of flags.
Happy to help!
I missed the discussion on pronunciation of Irish names earlier in the thread,
On a weekly basis I have an ongoing battle with Irish names and my voice-to-text software despite its ability to transcribe very complicated anatomical terms.
My amusement at the Irish name pronunciation posts overspilled into a post that, on retrospect, doesn't really contribute to the rest of the thread. So, I'm going to have another beer now and then maybe I'll delete it.
Apologies, and I hope that clarifies things.

That's not fair @Bosch , I'm very interested and so is the Wise One. Neither of us are Irish, by the way. I would hope others might be interested in getting themselves informed as well.
As for sticking this in the religious thread. I think we confuse sectarianism with religion in N. I. Maybe I'm wrong in that so it's important that I watch it. March 3rd. BBC 4. Not prime time viewing, is it?
I only said majority, I reckon most people in the UK and Republic would have a very limited knowledge or interest in the North.
The result of the brexit referendum made that blatantly clear

Going off topic again sorry...

Was showing a colleague where I'd been in Ireland and someone's been playing silly beggars....🤣

20240226_042920.jpg

Going off topic again sorry...

Was showing a colleague where I'd been in Ireland and someone's been playing silly beggars....🤣

View attachment 96192
This shows the extent of the decline in the influence of the Catholic Church in Ireland in recent years. Not that long ago castlebar was a small town , now that no one listens to the priests anymore they are at it like rabbits and the population is out of control. Bring back the papal control before Ireland becomes overrun

The article touches on the fact the BBC did not report on the issues faced by Catholics at the time. If such issues were reported before the first troops arrived, could it of prevented the troubles. Would it force the UK government at the time to step in and make the necessary changes.
Very similar to what We are seeing now in Gaza. Could the slaughter of innocent people be prevented if the media actually reported the real issues faced by the Palestinian people. Forcing change with peaceful means

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back