What temperature do you serve your beer at?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, we don't all live in California, or Nevada. You can count on your fingers the number of days in the UK when cool and refreshing outweighs best flavour.
Personally I chuck in a few ice cubes on a hot sunny day but there again I'm peculiar.

I was in Vegas a few years back and there's a bar there that served beer almost at the point of freezing. It was one of the best beer drinking experiences I have had.

Just a thought. My dentist freezes my mouth so that I can't feel what he's doing: and I strongly suspect that the Americans do the same with their beer so that I can't taste what I'm drinking!

A popular thing with Americans is to freeze the water content of the beer so that, not only do they not taste the beer, they also increase the alcohol content of the bit they do drink.

This is actually a double benefit that they take to countries like Ukraine where, when I was there, the outside temperature was -18*C in the daytime.

To my palate, most of the popular American beers are rubbish no matter at what temperature or under what conditions they are served.

However, as proof of my hypocrisy and with no decent alternatives available, I have managed to consume an awful lot of them over the years! :gulp:

Latest posts

Back