Where/How/What/Why????

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacehopperhead

Reaction score
Hi all. Used to love my grandads homebrew, beers, wines and ciders. looking to start myself, where do I start though? buy a kit in a box, buy all the gear??? thanks in advance for your help :D

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

If you're wanting to brew beers, your best bet is probably to buy a starter set which includes your first beer kit, a fermenting bucket, hydrometer, syphon tube etc. Take a look at the forum sponsors such as BrewUK under “beginners kits” or pick up a Young's u-brew set from Wilkinson's.

If you're wanting to make wine, take a look at this thread and buy yourself a couple of 5 litre bottles of mineral water, some fruit juices, plus the hydrometer, yeast etc. from Wilko or any online homebrew supplier, there are plenty of links if you look around the forum.

For cider, supermarket apple juice, yeast and something to ferment it in. Look for threads or do a search for Turbo Cider.

Welcome S.H.Head to the forum...your in the right place :thumb:
All the info you want is here...spend some time reading the old posts and if you want ask away...the guys will look after you. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back