Which brand of boiler?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electrim v Brupaks

• Electrim

• Brupaks

Results are only viewable after voting.

Razzer35

Reaction score
I am starting to go all grain and was looking at an electric boiler but wanted to know what the consensus was with which brand to chose....Electrim or Brupaks. ...thoughts please.

There are other options too. Buffalo or Burco tea urns. Plenty of us on here use 40l Buffalo's. Incidentally, they have accepted offers of £60ish IIRC from others. Just another option.

I should make you aware, with the buffalo you may have to upgrade the thermal cutout and/or fuse. Both are inexpensive and easy to do. Not all of the buffalo's need this bit I wanted to make you aware :thumb:

My modified LIDL jam maker has just finished it's 23rd boil so far, at an outlay of only £39 [I think they are a little more now] .Easy to clean as well , as the element is concealed .
I'm not mean just careful :whistle:
Bob

Got a plastic electrim boiler, second hand, no thermostat. Has done 5 brews for me some far and only has one element. Holds a nice rolling boil. I use it for my sparge and strike water too

If going for buffalo, the 30 / 40 are designed differently, with the 30 more enclosed and therefore has been reported to cut out more often, the 40 is supposed to be excellent

Nisbets selling the 30L for £85 and the 40L for £99.....is it better to go 40L?

Razzer35 said:

I would go for the 40lt, as a previous post says the 30lt is prone to cutting out, never had that problem with the 40lt. + the extra capacity.

Razzer35 said:
Definitely as it's not much more. It's worth checking out the Nisbets clearance store on eBay. I got my 40L for £66 including carriage there. One slight dent but works perfectly.

And don't forget the £99 for 40L is plus VAT. Mine was £66 including VAT.

Was able to get a 20% discount code which took the vat off. Purchased the 40L one should be with me Monday or Tues. ...thanks for all the comments.Time to get me some grain

Latest posts

Back