White or Brown?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enzy

Reaction score
Sugar! ;-)

Does it make much of a difference if I use brown or white sugar? Is one particular sugar better than others?

sugar is sugar, brown will add a bit of colour, and a tincy wincy bit more flavour.

Molasses will add even more of both.

If you add sugar you will end up with a drier tasting beer.

UP

Hmmm, that's interesting.

I am a complete newbie at this - planning my first brew for the new year - but the process I've been shown calls for 3kg of sugar.

Forgive my ignorance, but where else will the sugar come from if I don't add it myself?

I think maybe I should post the method I've been shown, just so that people can comment on it and give me some guidance...

enzy said:

I am a complete newbie at this - planning my first brew for the new year - but the process I've been shown calls for 3kg of sugar.

Forgive my ignorance, but where else will the sugar come from if I don't add it myself?

I think maybe I should post the method I've been shown, just so that people can comment on it and give me some guidance...

Could be an idea to post the method, depends what you are brewing as to where the sugar comes from, beer or wine?

UP

Oh, most definately beer! :-)

Yeah, I'll get on and post it up.

enzy said:

Must be a Graham Wheeler recipe. ;)

Latest posts

Back