Who is going to BrewCon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the title says...'Who is going to BrewCon' this year.

Ancillary questions might be 'Who is judging?' Friday? Saturday?

and 'Who is doing club night?' there is a late bar to 1am..

a thread for all things BrewCon 2022

I'm feeling optimistic about this year's event. Last year's was a bit lack lustre, likely due to COVID uncertainties.

I like it that all the judging will be done before the convention starts. I like it that there is a lots of time given over to 'club night' - last year there just wasn't enough. I like it that it is all on a Saturday.

Not a lot of cheap accommodation available in the area due to american football at White Hart Lane. Lea Valley Caravan and Camping is one option - otherwise need to be a bit further out.

I hope to judge on Saturday morning. Maybe travel down Friday evening on a cheap train.

Hope to see some of you there.

Martin

Just booked my tickets for Saturday afternoon. Would have liked to stay for the evening for the homebrew comp results but unfortunately my girlfriend has work on Sunday and doesn't want to be traveling back late.

In case someone close to me needs a ride to go, I'm driving from Rochester, to go to the Saturday 1430 session.

But as I don't have self control to be a designated driver, I'll just crash on the sofa on a friends house at London and return next day.

I don't think he will be happy with more than one drunk at his house, so you may need to sort the return or a place to stay (in this case I can give a ride back next day).

I plan to go earlier, around 12-13 to drink some beers nearby the event.

I forgot to brew my beer, but I'm judging and I think judges get a ticket to the event. I'll wear my THBF tshirt so I'll be recognised!

In case someone close to me needs a ride to go, I'm driving from Rochester, to go to the Saturday 1430 session.

But as I don't have self control to be a designated driver, I'll just crash on the sofa on a friends house at London and return next day.

I don't think he will be happy with more than one drunk at his house, so you may need to sort the return or a place to stay (in this case I can give a ride back next day).

I plan to go earlier, around 12-13 to drink some beers nearby the event.
Thanks for the offer..I have plans on Sunday so this unknown of getting back on Saturday night has put a serious spanner in the works. have a good day/night

The entries can only be marked as "received" once they have been unboxed. Even if they were able to unbox the beers, The brewery receiving the beers has no way of accessing the competition website to update it.

It is a rare event where the facility exists to unbox and store the beers as they arrive...this would also require one of the comp organisers being at the brewery every day to check the beers in as they arrive.

Back