Who is going to BrewCon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don;t think I can make it after all, I have a ton of apples to pick and press still :-(. I hope everyone going has a good time and good luck to all those competing.

Any idea when the winners are announced? The other 3 competitions I’ve entered in the past all live-streamed the results but this doesn’t appear to be the case with Brewcon?

We left at 10pm and there was no sign of any results or any competition bottles to sample 😔
That's not good. According to the competition website results should have been announced at 8:30pm last night. Obviously things some times don't go to plan but would be better if the organisers could at least keep everyone updated.

From my pov the judging went fine, on SAturday morning I was judging American Pale Ales, and there were some excellent examples. AFAIK initial judging finished at 12.30.

SOme great talks and I learned lots.

After the talks ended , the Norwich boys set up our usual mini-bar with kegs, which un-nerved Hackney Brewery staff and our serving was restricted. Jacques from LAB (sp?) had some amazing Lambic beers which he generously shared, and there was a lovely chap from HEreford (Dave?) who had some great Perry.

Results were after 11pm, and I can't remember many names (beyond our own club), tho' it was great to have a female medal winning brewer.
Late night uber back to our digs. Tired today!

Back