Wilko`s Apple Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1HWY

Reaction score
Just fermenting this apple cider. There doesn`t seem to be much happening by way of the airlock bubbling!!! is this normal for this cider????

Thanks Shawy

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

What ar you fermenting in? It is entirely possible he co2 is escaping somewhere other than the airlock.

Hello
Have you checked your bubbler by keeping constant pressure on your fermenter with your finger for a minute or so

if the bubble stays the same hight constantly your fermenter is sealed
if the pressure recedes in anyway you have a slight leak some where causing your bubbler not to work
IT ONLY TAKES A PIN PRICK OF A LEAK TO STOP YOUR BUBBLER BUBBLING
if no leaks how long has it been in the fermenter?
Nobby

hello Nobby,
I am fementing in a large 25ltr bin with a fitted airlock. I`m sure its leakproof as I have just done a batch of wine and it bubbled like hell initially. This cider is fermenting, but looks like its very slow. The SG has dropped from 1040 to approx 1014 in 5 days. Is this normal??

You might not have put enough aeration to your wort, or maybe the yeast temp was too low?
if the temperatures low put it somewhere warmer or up your brew belt or whatever your using.

Cheers nobyipa - it took a while but eventually settled at about 1008, so bottled it. Its now clearing quite well. I had a little taster and although its more of a scrumpy with just a little fizz its drinkable

Just an update on the Wilko`s cider - I bottled it and I have drank a couple of bottles yesterday 14/08/13, for a cheap brew I was very surprised on how well it tasted. It is now got plenty of fizz and is very drinkable. Not too strong an apple flavour, but enough.
Now just fermenting my next wine which is Plumb. I strained it into the F.V 14/08/13 its S.G is 1070 and its bubbling like you wouldn`t believe!!!! Can`t wait. Its Rhubarb after this. ttfn

Latest posts

Back