Wilko's golden Ale question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markyfish

Reaction score
Hi,

New here - have tried to see if anyone's asked this exact question before, but didn't find anything... But apologies if I'm duplicating something!

So, I started, as my first ever home brew, a Wilko's Golden Ale kit at the beginning of December. The hydrometer took longer to drop than the kit suggested, so I didn't keg it until a few days before Xmas. Primed with brewing sugar. Now, it's been in the keg for around 6 weeks, and although the beer is tasting nicer each (fairly infrequent) time I taste it, it still hasn't cleared. Has anyone else had this experience with it?

It's super-lively, as I said is tasting nicer each couple of weeks, but still has an element of cloudiness about it (although slightly less each time). Do you think it will clear? And/Zoroaster, is it ok to drink as it is anyway?

Thanks, and apologies again if I've duplicated an existing question!

M

I brewed some up as a first brew. I am a newbie at this too, it's been in the barrel for 3 weeks, it's not clear but didn't expect it to be being first. Tastes nice so I guess it's all ok.

Sorry cannot be much more help, but at least ya know your not the only one. I say if it tastes nice enjoy it, but as I said I have little and less knowledge at the moment :cheers:

I have a keg of this at present - currently 3 weeks fermentation and 3 weeks in the keg. It still has some cloudiness and tastes pretty good but this is meant to be a slow clearing beer so I will be giving it 6 weeks or more. Also from other posts it has a honey flavour when young which disappears with longer maturation so should taste enter than it does now.

Dave

I now ferment for 2 weeks and then transfer into a 2nd fv for a week at a lower temp. I have found this helps with clearing quicker

I brewed some of this and it never really cleared, not even after four months in a bottle. I blame the yeast.

Back