Witch of Endor 10/01/10

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Wez's new Thermobox ( insulated stainless Pot) that I will be converting into a Mash tun for him

Well this has spent 5 days in primary and 7 in secondary racked this off to a keg this morning and had a cheeky sample @8am is that wrong? Anyways it tastes good. :D
I'm still looking for a house beer, I have been told the poltergiest porter is a nice session beer worth having as a House beer so now I Think its between this and the porter, We'll see how this comes out in 4-5 weeks.

Wow why is it that the cobbled up recipes turn out to be the Nicest :wha:
Broke open the keg last night and found a slight chill haze to the beer, But a bloody good bitter in the mouth defo a session beer. I wonder if Tubby likes it as much???
Anyone noticed how good I'm getting it's been 5 weeks in the keg and I've only just opened it :lol:

muddydisco said:
Anyone noticed how good I'm getting it's been 5 weeks in the keg and I've only just opened it :lol:
That's what I call excessive willpower :clap: :clap:

muddydisco said:
Wow why is it that the cobbled up recipes turn out to be the Nicest
It's called "Sods Law" MD, I've had similar experiences.
As long as you keep records, experimentation is a fine thing!
You may come up with a "World Beater" and wouldn't it be a "self topping" disaster if you couldn't repeat it! (this comment aimed at up and comming AG brewers)

Thats why I post on here and keep records on my computer but I don't know which is the backup and which is the main!!! :lol:
This is a quote from a email I recieved from Buster My mate the Head brewer @ Breconshire brewery, and also just found out he's the chairman of The Association of Welsh Independent Brewers.
"The Witch of Endor was superb - easily better than many commercial beers I've had - well done! I like the labels as well... "
:grin: This was the first load of beer's I have given him and I think he's a little shocked at how good Home brew can be :D

It's a chest freezer, that's got a 60watt bulb and a thermostat, it will be running on a tc10 for the summer with cooling!

Back