Worthing home brew shop is closing down, west sussex

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyVernon

Reaction score
hello

I was in worthing, West Sussex this weekend visiting friends and family.

I did not realise there was a home brew shop, Johnsons on Gratwicke Rd, in the west side of the town centre.

It turns out has been there for years and years.

They have a good selection of kits, ingredients and equipments.

However they in the process of closing down so will just be running down their stock. It was not offering particular discount yet but could be worth a visit if you are local.

Usual story of mature business perhaps losing out to the Internet.

That's a shame. I lived near there when I was younger and not into brewing but had planned to check the shop out next time I was down there.

A lot of people seem to know everything about the price of grain and yeast yet nothing of the value of supporting your local homebrew shop.

Our local one is shutting too... been going since the 70s. Not cos of competition tho', it's cos the council insist on a five-year lease on the stall and the guy reckons he'd have jacked within that time anyway. Still a shame.

Hello again,

I have this week received an email from Johnson home brew in Worthing, confirming they will be closing sometime in October. Not confirmed the exact date.

It maybe they are now looking to sell their stock off so if you are local it may be worth a visit.

Ours shut down a few months ago as the owners were in their seventies and felt like retiring. I used it for caps and irish moss, stuff like that as all they did was kits and FVs etc. Shame though.

Latest posts

Back