Xmas brew related gifts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedgey

Reaction score
Hi all
Just wondering what home brew related gifts you all received this year from Santa.
2x cornets and a box of corney accessories from the Malt Miller for me.
Pete

Technically none for me but my folks gave me money based on a promise that I'd spend it all on upgrading my set up to BIAB instead of it disappearing on bills:) :drink:

I got bulldog - double ipa kit and also a Thomas cooper wheat beer kit, beer related but not brewing got a Robinson's Trooper T-shirt and 2 bottles of old tom with old tom tulip 1/2 pint glass. I was a very happy man :)

Nowt!

But I bought myself a Cooper's APA and a Young's Harvest Pilsner to pimp in the Tesco 25% off sale just before Xmas. Going to do partial mashes with them, then split and add different hops to small batches to try out some new hops.

What do you think to the book?

if I could be as bold to chime in...I have quite a varying collection of home brew/ beer books, including one from a 70's newspaper special and john palmers bible and I have to say the one I always go back to is Greg Hughes Home Brew Beer!

It has a fantastic layout with introduction, methods and lists at the front and categorised recipes 2nd half. It has clear pictures and instructions with just enough detail to make it simple, without over complicating things. I especially like the grain, hops and yeast charts which make it easy for recipe tweaking / formulating. The recipes are varied enough with all main styles. They also include a little more than just the ingrediants; tips on certain styles are helpful. All in all a great book for the beginner up to seasoned brewer!

(and know i am not Greg or even know him, lol)

On a second note, I got even more beer books and also some brewing network Merch! nice

What do you think to the book?
To echo what was said above, seems excellent. Well laid out, advice and pictures at the start of the book are great.

Only downside is not all of the beers have extract versions, and I wanted it for extract, but there are more than enough to keep me busy for a while. Just need to decide which one to try first.....

Latest posts

Back