You couldn't make it up.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me for being slow, but I don't get it?

He/she has used two axle stands in a manner that is going to end in tears.

1645727215060.png

I shake my head when someone's out working on a car without a chock or chocks. Or works on their car on an inclined driveway. Or when someone jacks the car first to change a tire and then loosens the nuts--who knows which way that jack will go?

A couple from Hull is reported to have requested a refund for a comedy gig in Blackpool because "the events in Russia and Ukraine" mean "it is not safe to travel from Hull."

In a message tweeted by Blackpool Comedy Club, the couple said they had called and demanded a refund, only to be told by a box office staff member this was not possible, but they could choose to come another night instead.

"I DO NOT want that because I don't know how long this will go on for," the customer said.

"He showed me so called terms and conditions - which I did not read when I booked the tickets a few weeks ago like nobody does and nowhere in them does it say anything about no refunds FOR A WAR."

Staff at the comedy club said the couple has gone on to message them a further 17 times.

They shared a reply to the couple which read: "You are not entitled to a refund, simply because you live nearer to Russia than we do."

A full scale invasion was launched in Ukraine on Thursday morning after orders from President Vladimir Putin.

Citizens have been fleeing the country in terror while the Ukrainian president revealed his family had gone into hiding.

ITV News.

A couple from Hull is reported to have requested a refund for a comedy gig in Blackpool because "the events in Russia and Ukraine" mean "it is not safe to travel from Hull."

In a message tweeted by Blackpool Comedy Club, the couple said they had called and demanded a refund, only to be told by a box office staff member this was not possible, but they could choose to come another night instead.

"I DO NOT want that because I don't know how long this will go on for," the customer said.

"He showed me so called terms and conditions - which I did not read when I booked the tickets a few weeks ago like nobody does and nowhere in them does it say anything about no refunds FOR A WAR."

Staff at the comedy club said the couple has gone on to message them a further 17 times.

They shared a reply to the couple which read: "You are not entitled to a refund, simply because you live nearer to Russia than we do."

A full scale invasion was launched in Ukraine on Thursday morning after orders from President Vladimir Putin.

Citizens have been fleeing the country in terror while the Ukrainian president revealed his family had gone into hiding.

ITV News.
This has got to be fake but it is funny, i have only ever been to Hull once how it was awarded the city of culture award i will never know :tinhat:

This has got to be fake but it is funny, i have only ever been to Hull once how it was awarded the city of culture award i will never know :tinhat:
I have family that like in hull and have been several times. I agree with the city of culture thing although I went back after they were awarded it and it had improved especially around the docks area with bars and clubs etc.
still a very depressing place though 😂

Sorry John just not my kind of place maybe i only saw the bad part, not as bad as Darlington though athumb..
It’s family on my wife’s side rod and if you seen where they lived 🤦‍♂️It’s the bad part lol. They have door to door shoplifters that steal to order and deliver it 😳
Not my kind of place either (don’t tell my wife) 😂

I imagine with electric cars being the norm in a few years manual gearboxes will be a thing of the past.

Back