Young's 40 pint Cider kit, original Instructions Req

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thequiff

Reaction score
Hi I tore off the wrapper off the can and the important bit had glue on, does anyone have a copy of the original instructions for making 32pints?

Hi there, I was going to scan in the instructions but the re-production is too small to read. Basically empty the content of the can into your FV, add 1Kg sugar. Boil 2.25L water use some of this to rinse out the can then add the rest into the FV. Make up to 23L with cold water check tem - should be 18/24 DegC. sprincle the contents of the Yeast sachet and put the lid on the FV. stand in warm place (18/24 DegC) and leave to ferment for 4 - 8 days.

I find that a Saturday to Saturday brew period works well, an additional step I use which seems to help clear the beer/cider is to transfer into an airlock fv add an additional 1/2Kg of sugar and let it ferment on for a further week.

Good luck with your brew. :drink: :drink:

:shock: Sorry just re-read that you only want to brew to 32 pints. Rather than add cold water to 23L add water to a little over 19L (32 Pints)

Latest posts

Back