youngs harvest low alc?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceo

Landlord.
Reaction score
iv got a can of harvest in the cupboard and thinking about doing it with out sugar and malt to keep the alc as low as possible for school nights . thinking 15-18L but will it become out of balance? not sure how to work out the abv before i think about putting it on, and dont know how gravity points that are in a 1kg of sugar/malt or 650g golden syrup

15 litres would work out at 2.8%ABV and 18 litres would be 2.5%ABV approx.

Matt

MattN said:
15 litres would work out at 2.8%ABV and 18 litres would be 2.5%ABV approx.

Matt

thanks matt. can i ask how you came up with those figures? so i dont have to ask again

I have done these before to 18 litres (1kg sugar) and think the body is fine. Personally I don't have a sweet tooth and I primed one batch with Golden Syrup and it was awful. I only just managed to drink it lol.

MattN said:
I have done these before to 18 litres (1kg sugar) and think the body is fine. Personally I don't have a sweet tooth and I primed one batch with Golden Syrup and it was awful. I only just managed to drink it lol.

might not play about then and leave this as a tester. what yeast you planning on using? iv got stock, wilko own(nottingham) and the weiss/wb-06 trub(got a brew on already)

I always use the yeast in the kit and not had any problems yet. :pray:

MattN said:
I always use the yeast in the kit and not had any problems yet. :pray:

true but the right type of yeast can change the whole flavour of the brew

well i put it on his morning.
one can, 20ishL water(bottled) wilko/nott yeast = 1.026 as most of my brews have finished about 1.010 looking >2.1%

going to steep some hops and orange/lemon peel for 12h then add to it in a days as i dont think its going to long to finish. at 2% it will do for a school night brew

it did finish at 1.010ish after 10 days in the pb, now it has been moved to a second pb with 30g hops and 20g of mixed dried peel in a hop bag(not easy to get in) plan to leave for another week or so. i did add a few tsp of sugar to help with the co2 layer

got round to bottling today , forgot to have a taste but the smell coming from the pb was great. a bit of spice and loads of citris . was a pain geting the hop bag back out the pb. will give it a month before i crack on open

Latest posts

Back