Young's wine buddy & Cantina kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer elf

Reaction score
Hello fellow suppers,

I'm new to the world of wine making and started off with the Young's white wine buddy. A mistake I shall not be repeating. Although it's drinkable there is a taste of pear drops no doubt coming the sachet which conatined a liquid which smelt strongly of..............well, pear drops. Every thing went fine and I've got a lovley clear wine, but it's a wine which has an element of pear drops. I guess my question is, what is it ment to do? Is it supposed to add nose and an element of dryness?

I was looking at buying the Catina 5 day kits which is all grape and no added suger would anyone recommend this kit?
In all honesty I'm not a wine buff so all I am after is something which is reasonably nice to drink.

Oh, and by the way, this forum caused my eyes to bleed the other night because I spent so long looking through some of the other posts, this place really is a gold mine of information. :D

cheers

Carl

If you really want to stay with kits the Cantina are ok, & Beaverdale do some good ones, but before you spend money on them why not try one of the supermarket juice wines for a fraction of the cost.
Moley started a thread on how to make a Wurzels Orange Wine. Check it out.

Oh, & welcome to the forum :cheers:

Thanks for the reply & welcome :thumb: .
You must have been reading my mind... I'm current looking at the Wuzel wine now.

cheers

Carl

Go for it Carl :thumb:, you will not be sorry. There are so many variations to try as you get more experienced.
Good luck & don't be afraid to ask questions :cheers:

Latest posts

Back