Your dream setup?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PawsOfEvil

Reaction score
So with all your years of experience both good and bad what setup do you wish you had gone for from the start?

I am an Electrical Engineer and the electrical homebrew setups call to the nerdy part of me that knows I could build it all myself. Part of me though thinks it takes a bit out of the 'home'brewing side of things. There is so much information out there though and everyone seems to have an opinion on what is best. I personally like the look of a nicely finished wood with bright copper fittings. I know 304 stainless steel is all the rage when it comes to 'food grade' products but I think it is all a bit OTT and very sterile. I am hoping to setup a summerhouse/games room in the long term, part of it would be a bar/brewery. I am big on the 'steampunk' look btw, think shiny brass/copper and wood.

Some things I would like to incorporate into any setup I finally get around to sorting would be

Capable of producing a full keg per batch
Oak barrels for kegging - or perhaps modern kegs dressed up like old barrels for the look
Induction heating system rather than kettle elements - fast and efficient
horizontal boiler - something I have not seen mentioned in brewing, it can be a much more efficient form of heat transfer
counterflow cooler/chiller that is also decorative - thinking of a wall mounted bendy pipe display, maybe lit or mirrored. functional yet pretty.

I could spend thousands if I had the money! Unfortunately I am poor but a man can dream eh?

go for it..

Must admit ive allways wondered why low profile hlts arnt more popular?
would allow easier filling and gravity feeding, would just need a recirc pump to keep the temp within even as there may be a distance between the heating input and some of the volume

ive got my different cfc up and running, replace the coax i used to guide the flow with leds and u could have something..

9839192236_6148b1dce2_z.jpg

SS and platinum cured silicon beer transport tubing, PVC water jacket ;)
95C to 25C 2-3Lp/m

There's a site I used to be on quite a bit that's big on diy steampunk and that's instructables.com - you might enjoy some of the SP projects there. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back