Your views on how the Tories have handled Coronavirus.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at the accommodation these pickers are given it makes scary reading even in times of no virus -

Caravan parks

Seasonal workers are regularly accommodated at caravan parks, with many sites housing a large number of workers.

However, the conditions at some sites are described as “horrific”, with farmworkers expected to live in overcrowded and unsanitary conditions.

Complaints have been made of some supervisors being abusive and violent, with a small number of assaults reported, the GLAA says.

There have also been health and safety concerns at some agricultural sites, with serious incidents reported.

Social media is being used to recruit agricultural workers who go on to be exploited, with some arriving in the UK for work that doesn’t exist.

Field work is often not the first choice for workers, with several believing that they would be working in the pack-house when recruited – and for which workers have sometimes paid money to overseas agencies for.

Yeah, they're not treated well. The "accomodation" costs are also take out of anything they earn

Mr Hancock said: “At the current rate of transmission here, the scientists say that the epidemiological impact of keeping the travel open is very small, because there's already large transmission here.

So what he's saying, is because we didnt lock down fast enough (like other countries did) so many people are infected in the country it doesnt matter how many people we let in. Well that's comforting ashock1[/URL]

equally you could argue that there are already restrictions in the home countries of the travellers that may filter out those who have it, after all they somehow need to get to the airport. I'd imagine italians and spaniards are coming from a very controlled regime. the worry would be from those countries who don't yet have covid-19 mitigating measures.

I'm not going to say much as I'm pretty angry. A colleague of mine died this week, a really lovely guy who worked as a mental health nurse working in Newcastle.
All I can say is that we weren't/aren't prepared for this and whose bloody fault is that?

All I can say is that we weren't/aren't prepared for this and whose bloody fault is that?

I am sorry to hear that but NHS workers are still dying even with all the proper PPE we could have had all the PPE needed and people would still have died.

You obviously know him in person and can therefore make that statement in full confidence that it is correct.
Clearly not something you just wrote down because you don't like him or his politics.

Ha ha. ive seen where this is going. Some people just don't learn that they can't have an opinion that is based on, er opinion. :laugh8:

I'm brewing at the moment as it takes my mind off things..I dont want to lose my rag but don't believe the **** they tell you.... My Trust, because it's mental health, still hasnt got all the ppe it needs-the acute wards only started getting stuff a couple of weeks ago. Steve worked in a crisis team based in the community. He was a nurse with over 30 years experience. He wouldn't have put himself at risk if he had the resources he needed.

I'm not going to say much as I'm pretty angry. A colleague of mine died this week, a really lovely guy who worked as a mental health nurse working in Newcastle.
I am really sorry to hear about your friend. And sincerely I really do mean that. I am sure others on this Forum will be the same.
But why do you feel it necessary to blame someone?
Until there is a vaccine, if that ever happens, everyone is vulnerable. Some more than others.
Lockdowns, PPE, social distancing or whatever won't change that.

I have been asking members who persist in slating the government for what they haven't done to tell us all what they should have (excluding stockpiling PPE) and to include evidence wherever possible to back up their accusations as this would be helpful, again this has not happened.

Is it possible to observe what is happening here, and elsewhere, and have an opinion that what is happening here is not good enough, but because you are not an expert, and do not know 100% on a homebrew forum what the answer is?

I'm not a professional chef, but if I go to a restaurant and the food tastes ****, I can say it is **** even if I'm not 100% sure how I would fix it. No?

NHS staff are the new footsoldiers. I bet very few NHS staff ever thought they would have to sacrifice their lives for others. My son is a community pharmacist and yet his business ensures he has PPE. I believe part of the problem is a large monolithic organisation finds it hard to act in a timely and agile manner. So if their advance planning has any flaws they are difficult to easily correct. My sympathies are with you, unfortunately many more good people will be lost. My son at least is fit and healthy so that is my comfort although we will no doubt lose other family members to this disease. ☹

Is it possible to observe what is happening here, and elsewhere, and have an opinion that what is happening here is not good enough, but because you are not an expert, and do not know 100% on a homebrew forum what the answer is?

I'm not a professional chef, but if I go to a restaurant and the food tastes ****, I can say it is **** even if I'm not 100% sure how I would fix it. No?

Tbh, Im rather enjoying discussing and debating with other forumites whats going on (but then again Im totally addicted to the news)

Totally agree @MyQul and you know what, it would be freeking mint if someone on here had the answer, but we don't. But that doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, or a vent, or rant or a go at the elected experts who are supposed to run this country in OUR best interests. I am not a Tory, never will be until my last breath but I can recognise without subjectivity when something is good and something is bad.

I don't mind someone finding facts to shoot me down, but surely telling people to either prove how to fix it or shut up is a bit silly really.

If you come here to have a go at the Government and point out something they have done wrong that has contributed to the deaths you must have some idea how they could have handled it better you do not need to be an expert.

I don't mind someone finding facts to shoot me down, but surely telling people to either prove how to fix it or shut up is a bit silly really.

I think you will find i asked if members could prover the points they were making as it would be helpful to others i didn't say if you don't do not post them.

Nice try, If you come here to have a go at the Government and point out something they have done wrong that has contributed to the deaths you must have some idea how they could have handled it better you do not need to be an expert.

It's a bloody homebrew forum, not a think tank for goodness sake. Let's switch a roo here then. If the rules are now you need evidence to prove they are doing wrong, where's all the evidence of what they are doing right? At the minute it's just leave the Tories alone.

Here is a perfect example of the type of post i referred to -

So so right this PM is so out of his depth now he is in the big job. He is discovering you can not run a country on soundbites alone and his team around him are not much better. Not sure if Corbyn would been any better as bull sh!t is a general politicians trait. Why are countries like Germany doing better because they have more competent politicians

Ye kna what , it doesn't matter. Homeland's starting. Maybe they'll have the answer.

In case you missed it -
Here is a perfect example of the type of post i referred to -

So so right this PM is so out of his depth now he is in the big job. He is discovering you can not run a country on soundbites alone and his team around him are not much better. Not sure if Corbyn would been any better as bull sh!t is a general politicians trait. Why are countries like Germany doing better because they have more competent politicians

Latest posts

Back