Ispindle help (sorted cant delete thread)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
I’m having an issue here. Used it many times without any problems. Now it’s is set to to give me readings every 20mins which it did for the first 4 days, then I had readings every hour for about 12 hours, now no readings for 26 hours ?. Battery is ok, WiFi connection is ok,, any ideas ?
Thx

This might be a little contentious, but I never got involved, for this very reason - thick protein krausen to my mind were always going to lead to inaccuracies.

This might be a little contentious, but I never got involved, for this very reason - thick protein krausen to my mind were always going to lead to inaccuracies.
Neither have I until very recently.

But now for me it's not about knowing the exact gravity, it's about understanding the progress/health of fermentation:
How quickly does this yeast ferment? How is it progressing compared to previous batches? Did it take a long/short time to start?

When I have a problem it gives me some data to look into to understand why. It also allows me to plan ahead to know when I'm likely to be able to dry hop or package a beer.

But now for me it's not about knowing the exact gravity, it's about understanding the progress/health of fermentation:
How quickly does this yeast ferment? How is it progressing compared to previous batches? Did it take a long/short time to start?

When I have a problem it gives me some data to look into to understand why. It also allows me to plan ahead to know when I'm likely to be able to dry hop or package a beer.
Same here. It's a guide to when fermention is done rather than being accurate with the numbers. Also, I use the temperature sensor to trigger a heating belt plugged into a smart plug if it needs a heating boost.

Now that Jocky, trend mapping, I had not though about.. good idea.

But as for knowing fermentation has ended.. Nah. I have taste & small for that.

Latest posts

Back