Off topic - for all the dads out there

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHW

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm stuck in my own personal hell: kids party at soft play...

A pint of something nice right now might just see me through it

image.jpg

Just picked one of mine up from another kid's party and was thinking - I'm glad it wasn't me!

That takes me back. Mine are 18, 15 ad 10 now, so thankfully, I no longer have to do this.

I do recall a couple of pubs that had soft play areas attached to them that I used to take mine to when they were of that age. A win-win situation. We went quite a lot I seem to remember...

OTT alert.

If you want to post pictures of your kids in the forum fine but be careful not to post pictures of other peoples at the same time, the picture in the OP is fine as you cannot see the faces of the kids, i know this is a little over the top but it is a sign of the times.

Yeah didn't think of that chippy. You can't see anyone I it though. All done now thank god. Only so much chat I can make with the school mums, none of who I know.

Unlucky mine are too old now but this has brought back painfull memorys lol now were is the brew

Yeah didn't think of that chippy. You can't see anyone I it though. All done now thank god. Only so much chat I can make with the school mums, none of who I know.

We were lucky our kids ball pool was part of a large pub, they had child proof doors and staff that looked after the party, after taking pictures and watching them for a while you could go next door and have a meal and a pint while your kids were enjoying themselves, those days are long gone. :sad:

Mine is 7 months and I was looking forward to soft play. Should I not be?

Its great when they are that age you can go in the ball pool pretending its because the young one needs you there. :lol:

I went to a soft play party with my eldest years ago. I was good friends with another dad and we thought the bouncy castle looked fun. As it was empty we jumped around for a bit but were asked to leave when we burst it. Apparently it wasn't designed for adults.

I was back in Britain last week with my six-year son. Took him to 'playshack'. The noise was incredible... didn't realise it was half term! My ears are still ringing. Worse than doing Donnington Monsters of Rock at the front, IMHO.

Eventually they grow up of course, mine are 22 and 20 now. So every time you go to the bar it costs you about �£12.

Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Is that play zone in Swansea? Looks a bit like it.

Once a month they open it in the evening to adults and you can take booze in. Used to have a great laugh in my student days going down slides and diving in ball pits whilst half cut.

Latest posts

Back