25kg of Maris Otter for £21

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoo hoo ! scream a happy bunny today - may not be maris otter but just got some more barley at long last. Had to wait for the harvesting. The guy at the flour mill grabbed a bag and said is this enough - i replied yeah looks ok so off he went and weighed it and it was 32 KG. He asked me how much i paid last time so i told him and he got his calculator out and said 26 TL is enough - 26 TL / 2,90 (ex rate) = £8.96 fpr 32 KG !!! Bargain - off to malt toodles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :cheers: :D :clap:

Get a good strong bin ! or share it with the mice.
I've just got a second dudty bin ( No1 for bird seed) and they are kept in the garage. As yet the mice have not chewed thro the bin. Plastic swing bins they eat through in minutes....

I just keep mine in its sack. But then I don't have problems with rodents where I am. It will last quite a long time as long as you keep it sealed. For malts you don't use often you can freeze them to keep fresh along with your hops swmbo permitting. :lol:

I have mice occasionally in the garage but as long as the bags raised (on my keg fridge) they can't get it.

K

I do have problems with rodents, probably because I live adjacent to some woodland.

I keep mine in one of those plastic storage boxes with a lid. If I dont put the lid on, next morning, the rats would have been at it. No idea how the bastards get in but I promise you they do! And you need to throw away any bag they have been in too, even if its only been nibbled.

Have got a sack of Crisp coming this morning, Rob says its good value,its Maris Otter just a different maltster, and its cheaper . As already said I also " top up" with bits to get the most out of the postage weight.
Canny businessman that Rob.... :D

just had to reconsider my opinion about going with worscestorhopshop-they have bairds malt which a quick google flags up as being cheaper for a reason-poorer efficiency and more crud vs crisps-guess ill just be ordering in 1kg of spec malt to get the good stuff(gd thing got a freezer to self in garage)

Yes WHS is cheaper for hops but unfortunately he doesn't sell crisps and once you use crisps you don't want to go back to anything else. Bairds may be a couple of quid cheaper but that doesn't make up for the lower efficiency. :thumb:

Just been trying Crisps myself too -the standard pale ale malt; seems very good to me - factor in the low price too and its even better. I've bought a lot of stuff from Rob over the years (due to almost peerless service and value), and will definately be getting some more of this malt from him on my next order.

Going back to the OP, I've also bought from murphyhomebrew a few times; they are well established in the commercial world but for homebrewers its worth going to their homebrew site rather than the commercial one.

Cheers
kev

piddledribble said:
Have got a sack of Crisp coming this morning, Rob says its good value,its Maris Otter just a different maltster, and its cheaper . As already said I also " top up" with bits to get the most out of the postage weight.
Canny businessman that Rob.... :D

Marris Otter is the barley variety, not the maltster. You can buy Marris Otter from many different Maltsters.

Yes I meant that Crisp is just a different Maltster to Bairds but they are both Maris Otter

Latest posts

Back