25L fermenter too tall for your brew fridge? Then try a 33L!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeltz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Discovered something unexpected so I thought I would share it.

Youngs 25L buckets are a bit on the tight side for height in my brew fridge, but I have found that their 33L buckets are significantly shorter but obviously have a bigger diameter.

I did have to cut a shelf from the fridge door (not hard) so that the door would close but it fits better and I can comfortably do a 25L brew length in them.

FWIW 25L buckets are 42.5cm tall with 32cm diameter and 33L ones are 39cm tall and 38cm diameter.

IMG_20131218_215739_115.jpg

I have thought about that and might well knock something up over the xmas break. However the weight of the bucket won't exceed 30KG and its only a half shelf so the weight is distributed between that shelf and the plastic moulding which covers the compressor.

I ebayed a fosters comercial fridge for a song for the job, only for it to arrive and turn out to be a fosters beer adverising fridge rather than the all singing and dnacing fosters brand commercial brand.. AND its bloody tiny.. Ho Hum.. buckets wont even get in, but 20 and 25l 'cube' placky jerrycans are a great fit.. foodsafe , but do need careful attention paying when rinsing out as the shape makes em tricky to completely drain..

7936793352_6d3ebe5f53.jpg

i had to mount the heater high as otherwise it would have overheated the beer thru close contact..

where there is a will eh?

Back