A good buy?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil007

Reaction score
i want to move to extract and then later to AG. Anyone think this would be a good buy?

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/aca ... oiler.html

seems to mash/boil as well in one. Amd is 5Gallon capacity enough for the boil or does it need extra space?

cheers for any help chaps

Mash tun and boiler all in one? Forget it. I'm lucky in that I have a HLT, MT and boiler as seperate pieces of equipment but I know that people easily get by on less, that being using the boiler as both the boiler and HLT. For me the mash tun is the most critical piece of all as the resulting wort is entirely dependent on how well the mash temperature was maintained and using something that heats up the mash locally to maintain temperature rather than something that retains the temperature as a whole is a definite no. The coolbox method works just fine for me. :)

Note also the 'add this, add that' comments in that ad, all extra cost. Far cheaper and easier to source a coolbox and convert it or even buy one purpose built.

Hi...as Jonewer said you can make your own....there's loads of info on here in the "How to"
section...make it fit to suit you :thumb:

Back