ACE Microbrewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats the bet he still gets one :lol:

he only got to do what I did treat her to something nice :thumb:

untitled.png

i have a plan, i have a bike project thats been sat in my garage for about 2 years, im bored of looking at it now, so if i can sell that,i can use the money to but a shiny ace,

Hi brewers,

This thread gave me the push I needed to go ahead and get myself an ACE microbrewery :):)

And last night I did my first batch with it, which was also one of my first batches ever. :grin:

Full report here: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=657497#post657497

I would appreciate any tips as I did have a few hiccups, mostly down to me!

Cheers,
Enrique

Brewed with mine today. I boiled on full power as I don't like the on off switching if the lower the power down to say 1800w. I assume this is a relay switching in and out. Pump was full of hop matter so remembered this time to run the pump with clear water at the end of the brew.

Seems a good unit so far.

No fair guys....to many kits do do and don't need to be reading this...

Lalalala:nono:

Brewed with mine today. I boiled on full power as I don't like the on off switching if the lower the power down to say 1800w. I assume this is a relay switching in and out. Pump was full of hop matter so remembered this time to run the pump with clear water at the end of the brew.

Seems a good unit so far.

I have the Klarstein unit and I do a 1800w boil and it don't switch on and of and I get a good rolling boil

Does the Ace come with a wort chiller? I've seen a few for sale without one.

And can you do small brews in one? I'm thinking of 10l and possibly 5l.

Does the Ace come with a wort chiller? I've seen a few for sale without one.

And can you do small brews in one? I'm thinking of 10l and possibly 5l.

Don't think it can do small batches very well because you need a certain amount of water to cover the grain bed.

I only have the original ace boiler but managed to do a 10l batch in it yesterday. Mashed in around 14l. That managed around 12l first runnings then i added 6l to recirculate. out of that i used 3l for a total of 15. About an 85 minute boil left me with 10l into the FV. Next time i will use more strike water to start and not sparge. Had my efficiency set to 70% and ended up 4 points over. 1040 instead of 1036.

For the time it takes organise recipe, treat water, set up, clean up. I wouldn't want to do a batch smaller than 12 litres.
If your batch is a bit short and you take samples for testing, then some is lost with the trub, 12 litres can easily end up as 10 litres anyway. That's only 20 bottles.

I have the Klarstein unit and I do a 1800w boil and it don't switch on and of and I get a good rolling boil

When you set it to 1800watts do you hear a clicking sound as this sounds like a relay to me. I'm sure there is no power control on this unit and 1800 watts or whatever setting under 2500 watts is just a timer switching in and out a relay.

Anyone looked inside the unit?

It crossed my mind that what would be good on the Ace/Klarstein would be if the control panel could remember the settings you put in so you could have a range of pre set steps and you just select which one you want. It's surely possible but I wonder how it's done?

When you set it to 1800watts do you hear a clicking sound as this sounds like a relay to me. I'm sure there is no power control on this unit and 1800 watts or whatever setting under 2500 watts is just a timer switching in and out a relay.

Anyone looked inside the unit?
no don't get any clicking sound from it

Does the new Ace use an STC1000 and does anyone know where the temp probe is?
on the Klarstein its at the bottom one side is the hole for the pump feed then there a small stud that sticks up which is the temp probe
I don't know if it the same on the ace unit
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvvNzy3X1rs[/ame]

Latest posts

Back